Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 controller - Annoying noises when vibrating.

Discus and support Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 controller - Annoying noises when vibrating. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought the controller yesterday. When I tested it in Forza Horizon 5, there was this annoying whining sound from the controller, pretty much every... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jompa Backflip, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 controller - Annoying noises when vibrating.

I bought the controller yesterday. When I tested it in Forza Horizon 5, there was this annoying whining sound from the controller, pretty much every time it rumbles. (which is all the time in forza) So I went back to the store, and swapped it out for a new one. This one also made the same noise. Is this just how all the Series 2 Elite controllers sound like, or did I just get unlucky twice? I tried removing all the removable parts, but no luck. Noise is still there. Sounds like it's the motor itself that is making the noise. It's primarily the left main motor that is noisy. I did get the controller replaced because of this, but the new one sounds the same.

I'm asking because I'm wondering if it's worth trying again to get it replaced, or if I should just go get my money back.

:)

Jompa Backflip, Apr 2, 2022
  2. Jompa Backflip Win User

Video example I recorded

This was recorded while moving the sliders in the vibration settings in the Xbox Accessories app.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

That's not a normal sound and not all elite controllers have it, you must request a replacement
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Jompa! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

This could be because you have the vibration set to the maximum available, you could try lowering the vibration intensity
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

You can request a new replacement, but all controllers will have a buzzing sound, can't really know what kind of sound you are referring without listening to it
  6. Jompa Backflip Win User

The sound starts when the motors first engage and is audible at every intensity, especially at lower power levels. The sound is a high pitched whine that stays at the same frequency no matter how fast the motor spins. Sounds almost like morse code or coil whine. The sound does not appear when vibration is turned off, but I don't consider that a solution to the problem.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 controller - Annoying noises when vibrating. - Similar Threads - Elite Wireless Series

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  4. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  6. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  7. Brand new elite wireless series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new elite wireless series: Brand new elite wireless 2 controller shuts off every 10 seconds, firmware has been updated, have power cycled the controller and the console shuts off with or without the charging cable plugged...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  9. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...
  10. Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2's RB either doesn't work when I press it or has a delayed input, and my warranty has expired. So am I still able to send in the controller to Microsoft...