XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

Discus and support XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShaiHulud2k, Dec 28, 2023.

1. ShaiHulud2k
    ShaiHulud2k Guest

Hi,

I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately.

1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in, I can then unplug it again and use the controller just fine

2. When I switch the controller off (XBox button long press while disconnected) and then back on (by plugging the cable in), the profile is not properly loaded (the XBox button coller is not right). The selected profile (#1) is properly reflected by the stripe LED, but only when I cycle through the profiles back to #1 the color of the XBox button will change to that configured in the profile.

This might be similar to this post, but I would hope I have not bought a broken controller from the start: Post Microsoft.com

My setup is as follows:

- Using the controller on a PC via Bluetooth

- No XBox S|X available for troubleshooting

- When I set up the controller, I got it switched on by plugging the cable in (see issue #1 above)

- I did the Firmware update through the Accessories app

- I then successfully paired (Bluetooth) the controller with my PC

It's working flawlessly, but the power-up issues are just super annoying and any help would be more than appreciated.

:)

ShaiHulud2k, Dec 28, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: