Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title says, my Xbox elite series 2 will register both a keystroke and a button prompt when I press a button, not only that, it registers as both... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mindboggles, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Mindboggles
    Mindboggles Guest

As the title says, my Xbox elite series 2 will register both a keystroke and a button prompt when I press a button, not only that, it registers as both a controller and a virtual keyboard from Corsair's icue. (with neither actually registering as a controller but both have keyboard icons in the bt & other devices screen)

I've tried any of the fixes I've found online that seem to help with similar issues, but no luck this far. Such as reinstalling any Xbox app, and reinstalling the firmware and software of the controller. Trying different USB ports as well as restarting to infinity... the list goes on.

Would greatly appreciate any help that you could provide as I've been looking forward to using this controller for a while now, and it sours one's mood to find it this badly optimized for Windows.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20 GHz
    64,0 GB

Windows 10 Pro
    22H2

:)

Mindboggles, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Ryan Reppucci Win User

Series S Issue with controllers (right toggle)

I did a full reset of the console and there is still 0 action on menus an in games with both Elite Series controllers Ive tried. Both controllers register input in test screen as well.
  3. Cheater Kirito Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - A button opens Xbox Game Bar

I also am experiencing this issue after purchasing the Halo Elite Series 2 controller, unable to use it in bluetooth as the A button toggles the xbox game bar and there isn't a prompt to update the firmware on xbox accessories app.
  4. Sayann X Win User

Elite Series 2 issues with A button not registering

I think they'll change your controller again unless you want to stay with it
  5. IBYCFOTA Win User

Maybe your controller is broken. Try going to setting then configuring your controller.
    It's defective, not broken. And I'm not sure what you mean by the second sentence.
  6. IBYCFOTA Win User

Well I can just return it to Walmart too, but I don't really want to keep asking for refunds each time I get a defective controller given that this appears to be a common issue.

If I sent it to Microsoft, does that mean I would have to be without a controller until they receive mine and ship one back? That's a situation I'm trying to avoid. If they sent a replacement before I was asked to send mine in I would be open to it, though,
    but I'm not interested in going through this process without a controller even if it has issues.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt - Similar Threads - Elite Series both

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  6. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it...
  7. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  8. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...
  9. Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...: Ordered a brand new controller online from Amazon plugged it in everything works except the triggers feeling like I just wasted my money and time waiting for the product I have done updates I've...
  10. I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have...: I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have came out of the box with a wobbly and broken right stick b2106119-3ac3-41fd-9220-c0c9f5a83d2c