XBox Elite Series 2 unplugged from PC using USB won't auto connect to Bluetooth

Discus and support XBox Elite Series 2 unplugged from PC using USB won't auto connect to Bluetooth in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Basically once I plug in my controller to charge and unplug it while it's on will cause the Xbox light to just flash. It never connects to my PC. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Delirious Raven, Feb 2, 2020.

1. XBox Elite Series 2 unplugged from PC using USB won't auto connect to Bluetooth

Basically once I plug in my controller to charge and unplug it while it's on will cause the Xbox light to just flash. It never connects to my PC. I have to go into my bluetooth settings. Forget the device. Than re-pair every time. The same goes for
    when the device is turned off and wireless. Once I turn it on I have to remove it from the list of known devices and pair it up again. I all ready sent it in to Microsoft Service to be repaired for causing massive lag and random unpairing from bluetooth
    in certain games once I'd prefer to not have to do it again.

:)

Delirious Raven, Feb 2, 2020
  2. LeeDabeer Win User

I would also like to add I have the exact same issue on Windows 10.

Just purchased the Elite 2 controller and found that the initial bluetooth pairing works fine (TP link Bluetooth Dongle). Then plugged the supplied USB-C cable into a USB port on my PC to charge. After disconnecting from the USB C cable the Xbox light flashes
    on the controller. Power cycling the controller makes no difference I still have the flashing light.

Only by removing the bluetooth device and re-pairing does it work again. Note that I have updated the controller to the latest Firmware.

For Information I have a Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and that works as expected without the above problems.

Hope this helps.
  3. tylerhollon Win User

I have the exact same issue it is a major bug considering I like using the Xbox one controller for the interface that you get when using it with the OS, its a major problem and a major pain needs to be investigated as it looks bad Microsoft OS does not
    work fully with Microsoft hardware.
  4. VelvetUnicorn Win User

I have a few Elite Series 2 controllers and they all fail to reconnect to my PC via Bluetooth after disconnecting from the USB cable. Are you saying that having to remove the device and add it in again via Bluetooth is normal/the way the controller was
    designed?! Where might I find info on this? I would like to get it figured out. Thanks.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

That doesnt make any sense. Why would you design a bluetooth protocol on your own OS that didnt auto connect?
    It should auto connect. My controller does.

The only time my Xbox One controller won't auto connect is when I've connected it to my gaming PC via USB to charge the battery. After this I have to re-sync the controller. But I only have to do this for the duration of the battery charge. My controller
    auto syncs first time from Windows boot up.

The issue is that the controller has two wireless protocols. It does not use Bluetooth with the wireless gaming receiver, or when connected to an Xbox console.

If your controller won't auto connect then there must be something wrong with your Bluetooth hardware on your PC. Have you tried a Bluetooth dongle to test this out?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

So your controller never reconnects when you turn it off and on when on with Bluetooth?

The re-sync after charging is how the controller is meant to work, it's not a fault. Pretty sure this is down to the support of the gaming receiver peripheral which uses its own wireless protocol.

For example, connecting via wire on console automatically syncs for wireless. The same would be true for PC.
Thema:

1. XBox Elite Series 2 unplugged from PC using USB won't auto connect to Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Elite Series unplugged

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  6. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it...
  7. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  8. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  10. Why are my elite series 2 paddles not responding when the button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my elite series 2 paddles not responding when the button?: when the button is pressed, everything is lined up right and making the noise when it's clicked but not actually having any results when pressed. 2a6f500c-a0a2-459a-afa2-df081a16afb6