Xbox Elite Series 2 Strange Angle Deadzone

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 Strange Angle Deadzone in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Not really sure what else to call this, but it seems that at some after the raw controller input, there is a kind of deadzone applied to inputs so that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Top Snek, Aug 27, 2023.

1. Top Snek
    Top Snek Guest

Not really sure what else to call this, but it seems that at some after the raw controller input, there is a kind of deadzone applied to inputs so that the stick kind of "snaps" to the North/South/East/West directions.

This is a gif I recorded a long time ago displaying the issue in an older version of the xbox accessories app, alongside the controller calibration that displays the raw input. Same exact issue im having currently with a newer controller:
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Strange Angle Deadzone [​IMG]

Really not sure what to do about this, and I can't find any information online about it.

:)

Top Snek, Aug 27, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Top Snek,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to the Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are experiencing a strange angle dead zone issue with your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Let's work on this together and sort this out in a timely manner.

Firstly, I would recommend that you try resetting your controller to its default settings. To do this, please follow these steps:

• Press and hold the Pair button on your controller for three seconds until the Xbox button starts flashing.
    • Press and hold the Bind button on your Xbox console for three seconds until the Xbox button on the console starts flashing.
    • Wait for the controller and console to sync up, and then try using the controller again.

If resetting your controller doesn't resolve the issue, you can try calibrating your controller. Here's how:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    • Select the controller you want to calibrate.
    • Select Calibrate.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your controller.

Try to adjust stick sensitivity. You can adjust the stick sensitivity through the Xbox accessories app.

• Go to Settings
    • Ease of access
    • Controller
    • Devices & Connections
    • Accessories, then select the controller you want to reset and choose "restore defaults".

If the issue persists after resetting and calibrating your controller, you may need to update your controller's firmware. Here's how:

• Connect your controller to your Xbox console using a USB cable.
    • Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    • Select the controller you want to update.
    • Select Device info.
    • Select Firmware version.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to update your controller's firmware.

I hope this information helps you sort the issue with your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Top Snek,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Trigger deadzone issue on new elite series 2

5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Stick deadzones on new xbox elite series 2 controller

If the controller has drifting, then it's faulty. If you have only just got it, then sending it back and getting a new one or a refund is the best course of action, otherwise it will need to be sent to Microsoft for repair/replacement.
  6. CYBR Aqua Win User

Fix For Elite Series 2 "A" Button Issue

The elite 2 has had issues since release if possible if send it back to see if their is something inside preventing angle presses
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 Strange Angle Deadzone - Similar Threads - Elite Series Strange

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  6. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it...
  7. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  8. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  10. Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi so I have this strange problem with my elite series 2 controller.: [img] I’ll post an image so everyone can see what i’m talking about but the top layer of metal on the joystick is bending upward. I’m not really sure how this happened. I’m assuming it’s just from...