Xbox Elite series 2 paddles triggering the wrong buttons when testing

Discus and support Xbox Elite series 2 paddles triggering the wrong buttons when testing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an xbox elite 2 controller, connected it to my xbox series S, updated the controller and mapped the paddles (upper right B, lower right X,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jazz man1, Oct 10, 2023.

1. jazz man1
    jazz man1 Guest

I bought an xbox elite 2 controller, connected it to my xbox series S, updated the controller and mapped the paddles (upper right B, lower right X, upper left A, lower left Y) and saved to a profile.

On that same profile in the testing app, the lower left paddle registers X instead of Y. I set all paddle mappings as primary and set shift options to unmapped to keep it simple. All other mapped keys work as they should, except for this one. Trying to understand how it could be that only one paddle will not register the mapping change and keeps defaulting to X.

Anything you'd suggest trying that I haven't covered here?

:)

jazz man1, Oct 10, 2023
  2. Cliff A. Win User

Hi jazz man1

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I do understand the urgency of you wanting to find other ways for this issue of yours in regards with your controller. We are very glad to help you out to find some of the best possible options and troubleshooting's that we can provide for you.

Firstly, I would recommend resetting your controller to its default settings and then remapping the paddles. To reset your controller, please follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Pair button on your controller for three seconds until the Xbox button starts flashing.

2. Press and hold the Sync button on your console until the Xbox button flashes.

3. Wait for the controller to connect to the console.

Once your controller is reset, please remap the paddles and test if the issue persists. If the issue still persists, please try the following steps:

1. Ensure that your controller is updated to the latest firmware version. To check for updates, please follow these steps:

a. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

b. Select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.

c. Select your controller and then select Device info.

d. If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update your controller.

2. Try mapping the lower left paddle to a different button, such as B or A, and see if it registers correctly. This will help determine if the issue is with the paddle or the mapping.

3. If the issue persists, try using the controller on a different console or with a different profile to see if the issue is with the controller or the profile.

In addition, you can try to refer on this support article to gather some information's, click here: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Cliff A. Win User

Hi jazz man1

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to getting a resolution for this issue of yours.

Please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

How do I turn on the hair triggers?

but since it was a white one I had to buy hair triggers
    Are you sure you're talking about hair triggers? All Elite Series 2s have hair triggers, including the Core models that don't come with the case, charger, paddles etc., so you wouldn't have had to make an extra purchase to get hair triggers.

If you're talking about the paddles, make sure you have a profile selected that actually uses them.

With the Elite Series 2, there are actually 4 selectable profiles, because 1 of them is a default profile that makes the controller work just like a standard Xbox controller, so when that profile is selected, zero lights are lit up beneath the profile select button and the paddles are disabled.

I have seen others have this issue and that has sometimes been the problem, because if it was a mechanical issue, it would be unlikely that more than 1 paddle would fail at the same time.

Obviously, I'm making an educated guess that you're talking about the paddles, so if not, please post back with more info.
  5. Mickey Havoc Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller, Larger paddles

Fortunately the paddles from my spare Elite 1 fit and work perfectly.
    I just tried this and they do not work on the Elite 2... My Elite 1 paddles fit, but they do not activate the button in-game. Testing with Red Dead Redemption 2. Another person also commented and confirmed that they do not work with the Elite 2.
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite series 2 paddles triggering the wrong buttons when testing - Similar Threads - Elite series paddles

2. Why are my elite series 2 paddles not responding when the button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my elite series 2 paddles not responding when the button?: when the button is pressed, everything is lined up right and making the noise when it's clicked but not actually having any results when pressed. 2a6f500c-a0a2-459a-afa2-df081a16afb6
  3. Elite Series 2 P1 and P2 paddles don’t work when pressed at the same time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 P1 and P2 paddles don’t work when pressed at the same time: I have P1 bound to right stick click and P2 bound to A so I can slide hop better in TF2, and I noticed while I was playing that my A button wasn’t working correctly. So I troubleshot a bit, tried...
  4. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  5. From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...

in XBoX on Windows
    From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...: Paddles for Xbox elite series 2 from design lab ea2976b5-08ec-49a9-8180-86137aa7be05
  6. I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...: I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it includes paddles. What I can do? a4e8ce38-c7d5-46d5-bd93-f2a984c28027
  7. Just purchased Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but paddles do not stay in place

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just purchased Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but paddles do not stay in place: Appears the magnets at the bottom and misaligned to where the paddles are meant to fit. Any advice on how to resolve this? 0f2ba1d4-b10a-417d-89df-ece24db083bd
  8. Why wont my keybinds work on the paddles on the elite series 2 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my keybinds work on the paddles on the elite series 2 controller: I have my paddles mapped to a q d e for siege, and my binds wont work no matter my shift key, and they also glitch in other games, i need help. e6bd4706-ae2b-4cac-a786-78d897b66e02
  9. Elite paddles on elite series 2 controller not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite paddles on elite series 2 controller not working.: Updated to the latest firmware. Just bought the accessory pack so I could use my paddles after my kids lost the originals. But the paddle buttons aren't functioning. Not after updating or power...
  10. Elite Controller Series 2 paddles quit working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 paddles quit working.: My Xbox Series X has been dormant since January 2023. recently turned on (9-17-23) and Xbox had to run updates. did that,,. everything worked fine prior to this. Now starting to play my games the...