Xbox Elite Series 2 and MW3/Warzone 3, right stick issue.

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 and MW3/Warzone 3, right stick issue. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller few days ago just to play MW3 that recently came out, first game straight away I realized that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Skuky, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Skuky
    Skuky Guest

Hello

I bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller few days ago just to play MW3 that recently came out, first game straight away I realized that right stick/aiming on this controller has a really weird behavior. Sometimes it just increases it self to the 100% left/right, up/down in the moment when I moved stick only for 50%, 80% of the time it works good and 20% of the time my aim is just flying of the target into the skies. Aim assist is working fine and it's not the issue. Tested it even in the other games; Apex Legends and Witcher 3 and there it works perfectly fine, but MW3 for some reason it doesn't. I figured out as well if I use stick movement in "X"(diagonally) movement and then after that in "+" (horizontal and vertical) movement my sensitivity is immediately increased, and it's literally unplayable. I'm really confused. My thoughts were that Microsofts Software of controller somehow doesn't fit with Call of duty's engine, in some points game just doesn't read controller's movement correctly, even though my stick is moved 50%(or even less sometimes) movement of aim in the game is at 100%. Googled it few times already and people are writing about some Microsoft thing called stick acceleration, something similar as mouse acceleration (smoothing) is causing all the problems, since 2012th year. If that problem really exists already more than 10 years and they did nothing, it's sad that their controller costs 100€+. Also there are options for aiming style in CoD MW3; Standard/Linear/Dynamic, tried all of them and the issue was not gone. I downloaded Xbox Accessories software, tried all mods for sticks, they just made it even worst. Just to mention it PS4 controller has no issues at all, it works perfectly fine in MW3.

Does someone know the solution to fix it? Or the only solution is to sell the Xbox controller and never buy It again?

Playing on PC.

:)

Skuky, Dec 21, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Skuky,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix the issues with your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Warzone. It sounds like you've already tried a few troubleshooting steps, such as adjusting the aiming style and testing the controller in other games.

One thing you could try is updating the firmware on your controller using the Xbox Accessories app. This can sometimes resolve issues with controller performance. You can also try resetting the controller by pressing and holding the small button on the back of the controller for 5 seconds.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a compatibility issue between the controller and the game since your controller is perfectly working on your other games. You could try reaching out to the game's support team or posting on their forums to see if others have experienced similar issues and if there are any known solutions.

For you to be able to reach out MW3 support, please open this link Activision Support.

I hope this helps!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is being spammed making the controller unusable, has anyone else had this issue or know what to do?

Hello Austin Payment,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue with the button function for your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. When did the issue start?

2. Does the problem in only happening to the right stick? How about other buttons? Are they working fine?

For the meantime, the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 comes with a stick adjustment tool that lets you tweak the tension in the left and right sticks until they’re just the way you like them. We recommend only using the included stick adjustment tool for this procedure, but if you don’t have it on hand, you can also use a slotted screwdriver (3.0mm or SAE 3/32” work best). To avoid damaging the controller, use low force when applying the tool.

To Adjust the sticks on your controller, follow the steps provided in the link here: Adjust the sticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. BobHun87 Win User

Xbox Elite Controller thumbstick drift

same.

my 1st elite: crash gumi grips. send back to service, but i buy a new one for this 2 week. Try this new: right stick drift to right...

ok, my 1st elite came back, try this. left stick drift to right (fresh new controller from ms service)

ok i sent back this 2 broken Elites.

1-2 week done, get 2 new fresh Elites... tested... both new Elite's (my 3rd and 4th) left sticks drift to right...

my last 5 Elites broken, 3 fresh from Xbox Support. Thats a big joke.
  5. Blueheart14 Win User

Elite controller stick drift

The problem is not just the on elite 2 controllers its a issue with all controllers that use the PDP program because i have 3 afterglow controllers that have problems with joy stick drift i also have 2 power A controllers that have problems with joy stick
    drift as well and my brother has an elite 2 series controller that also has the same problem
  6. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

I just bought my Xbox elite series 2 core today and it will not connect to my MacBook Pro 2016 I am trying to play with cloud gaming any advice

Try this procedure: right stick, select one of the sensitivity presets.

Scroll to Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller and select Configure. Select a profile to adjust or create a new one. Select the Edit button and on the Left Stick or D-pad tab
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 and MW3/Warzone 3, right stick issue. - Similar Threads - Elite Series MW3

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  6. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it...
  7. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  8. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  10. Why are my elite series 2 paddles not responding when the button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my elite series 2 paddles not responding when the button?: when the button is pressed, everything is lined up right and making the noise when it's clicked but not actually having any results when pressed. 2a6f500c-a0a2-459a-afa2-df081a16afb6