Xbox elite pad rubber coming off

Discus and support Xbox elite pad rubber coming off in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i have the xbox elite pad and the rubber grip is falling off I've tried to find an email address to post it 2 but can't find one I spent 130 pounds on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MR CLARKE 80, Jan 10, 2018.

1. MR CLARKE 80
    MR CLARKE 80 Guest

i have the xbox elite pad and the rubber grip is falling off I've tried to find an email address to post it 2 but can't find one I spent 130 pounds on a pad that after 6 months the rubber falls off

:)

MR CLARKE 80, Jan 10, 2018
  2. D1STORT1ON
    D1STORT1ON Guest
    How is your Elite Controller holding up?

Rubber grips coming off of mine also. I got it with the Elite Xbox One bundle last November I guess. Ended up supergluing the pads, but they don't line up like they used to and it is not quite as comfortable because of it

D1STORT1ON, Jan 10, 2018
  3. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Grip in Xbox One Elite Controller Falling Off

I have had my Elite Controller for almost three years, and use it daily. And no rubber grips or bumper buttons came off.

The same is true for the Elite controllers of two of my friends. Also, compared to how many Elite Controllers were sold, and how "few" people complain about these issues, I don't think it's a manufacturing issue.

However, what I imagine is, since the rubber grips add more grip and friction, I sometimes see my guests (especially new players) gripping the controllers harder than necessary, and twisting their hands around the grip, as if they were twisting a motorbike
    throttle. This is not an issue for the "slippery" plastic-only controllers.

But since the rubber grips make the Elite less slippery, the added friction makes the pads stick to the hand more, and if you also (subconsciously) twist your hand like some of my guests, there is nothing physically able to keep the rubber pads in place,
    no matter how expensive the controller is.

Also consider this: When you wrap your fingers around the rubber pads, and then tighten the grip, the fleshy part on the inside of your fingers get "thicker". The added "padding" on the fingers makes the palm of the hand move "downwards" just a little bit,
    and if you grip the controller tightly, the downward movement scrapes and rubs down on the pad. The tighter you hold the controller, the stronger the pulling force is on the pad.

So in my opinion, it's not a manufacturing issue, but more a way how "engaged" players can get in a heated match, which causes them to grip and squeeze the controller unnecessarily hard, which causes the pad to come off.

Arminator, Jan 10, 2018
  4. darrenmonk Win User

Elite controller grip fix

I have 2 elite controllers myself and out of warranty but both controllers have the grips and underside of the rubber coming off .

Question the new xbox 1 elite controller 2s are coming out in november here in the Uk but what proof do i have that the rubber is not going to start peeling of theses because if i order 2 that's £320 when the rubber starts coming off which isn't good at
    all for the price i might as well be paying for 2 scuf controllers . Is xbox giving any of us elite 1 uses a discount for buying elite 2s ? because owning the elite 1s where the rubber comes of in less than 12 months is not good and puts me off buying the
    new ones when they do come out .
  5. HardBeamOfGreen Win User

Controllers

I had the rubber on my original elite come off multiple times but they changed the design in the elite 2 and I have not had any issue with the rubber so far.
  6. Arminator Win User

I have had my Elite Controller for almost three years, and use it daily. And no rubber grips or bumper buttons came off.

The same is true for the Elite controllers of two of my friends. Also, compared to how many Elite Controllers were sold, and how "few" people complain about these issues, I don't think it's a manufacturing issue.

However, what I imagine is, since the rubber grips add more grip and friction, I sometimes see my guests (especially new players) gripping the controllers harder than necessary, and twisting their hands around the grip, as if they were twisting a motorbike

But since the rubber grips make the Elite less slippery, the added friction makes the pads stick to the hand more, and if you also (subconsciously) twist your hand like some of my guests, there is nothing physically able to keep the rubber pads in place,

Also consider this: When you wrap your fingers around the rubber pads, and then tighten the grip, the fleshy part on the inside of your fingers get "thicker". The added "padding" on the fingers makes the palm of the hand move "downwards" just a little bit,
    and if you grip the controller tightly, the downward movement scrapes and rubs down on the pad. The tighter you hold the controller, the stronger the pulling force is on the pad.

So in my opinion, it's not a manufacturing issue, but more a way how "engaged" players can get in a heated match, which causes them to grip and squeeze the controller unnecessarily hard, which causes the pad to come off.
  7. brandiesel1 Win User

You guys are lucky. Every single person I know in real life that has an Elite controller has had them fail or break within a year. In my opinion, it's one of the worst consumer products in the last decade in regards to build quality.
  8. BlastingAxis Win User

FAVORITE CONTROLLER

for the xbox one it would be my elite controller love the weight and the rubberized grips, for the 360 was the controller that the d-pad spun from a d-pad to a disc I don't really play any other consoles so lol
Thema:

1. Xbox elite pad rubber coming off - Similar Threads - elite pad rubber

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  4. DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...: Sent in my Elite Pro 2 controller, since the left bumper stopped responding consistently. It came back a week and a half later, and the techs apparently used a freaking crowbar to pry the face...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  6. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  7. Elite 2 D-pad Right Arrow Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 D-pad Right Arrow Not Working: A few days ago, there was an update for my Elite 2 controller which I installed. Since then, the D-pad right arrow has been having issues in Call of Duty. The right arrow calls in a kill streak in...
  8. Xbox Elite 2 controller repair - D pad not always responsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 controller repair - D pad not always responsive: My controller was less than 6 months old and used less than 2 times a week. The bumper buttons started to act up, stick, or you’d have to press harder to get the response. Using compressed air on...
  9. Elite pad never returned or updated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite pad never returned or updated: I sent my elite pad off 4 week ago and the dispatch company has sent me the proof that they delivered it but the webiste still says i need to send my pad and i cant get through to customer...
  10. I sent my elite pad off to be fixed under warranty 3 week ago haven’t had any update what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent my elite pad off to be fixed under warranty 3 week ago haven’t had any update what...: All info is in the question. 77e96e36-f330-4b87-8664-6f00b233cec1