Xbox elite controller with a loose micro usb port. Help requested

Discus and support Xbox elite controller with a loose micro usb port. Help requested in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; About half a year ago I bought an Xbox elite controller. About half the games I play on pc I prefer to play with an xbox controller. Before I just got... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EvilShuckle, Jan 16, 2020.

1. EvilShuckle
    EvilShuckle Guest

About half a year ago I bought an Xbox elite controller. About half the games I play on pc I prefer to play with an xbox controller. Before I just got xbox 360 controllers which were fine. But now these don´t seem to be available anywhere and the Xbox
    one were... well. Let´s just say I wasn´t all that happy about their durability. So, I decided to invest in an Xbox elite controller. This I liked a lot and I have been using it a lot.

A week ago the controller fell on the ground. Now this wasn´t the first time but this time was one too many it seems, as the micro usb port got loose. If I plug in the cable it won´t connect, unless I pull it downwards. I tried some way of doing stuff so it´d
    do that automatically. Put a tooth pick at the top so it´d work similarly, but sadly this did not. I also tried using ductape to put the cable underneath and this worked for a tiny but got loose fast. It´d also mean I´d have to be rather careful with the cable.

I tried some other stuff, such as moving the pins a tiny bit in hopes of it reaching the upper whatever it is in it. Cleaning it, etc etc, whatever I did, it remained the way it was.

I tried to look into other options, but sadly my pc does not have bluetooth. The other way would require an adapter which not only costs money as well but also doesn´t appear to be available in the online store we use, probably due to the low popularity.

So basically, I´d really like a way to fix it, since I didn´t really have enough money to buy it in the first place, so I really don´t want to have to buy another one.

I am not very handy or technical. I´ve read that a solution would be to solder, but the last time I touched one was about 20 years ago and I got second degree burns. Don´t have the stuff either. Is there some other way?

Thanks in advance

:)

EvilShuckle, Jan 16, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: