Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, Does anyone know if there is a fix for the issue where windows doesn't recognise the XB Elite controller v2 as an elite controller while... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeclanSanders, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a fix for the issue where windows doesn't recognise the XB Elite controller v2 as an elite controller while connected over bluetooth after updating the firmware quite a while back now?

I see that one of the most common suggestions is just to downgrade the controller firmware but surely after this long there is an actual fix for this? I'm using windows 11 and the most recent firmware for the Elite v2.

Thanks

:)

DeclanSanders, Jul 19, 2023
  2. CrazY1985 Win User

Xbox one controller to Computer

Make sure you are using a V2 controller.

The first generation of Xbox One controllers (including the Elite) don't have bluetooth and need an additional wireless receiver to work with Windows 10.
  3. Janet_C Win User

Connect the controller via USB cable, when you have it, look in your computer "Device Manager", there select "Xbox Peripherals" and then select "Update Driver".

After this you look in the same device manager window for "Bluetooth", right click and select update driver.

Then disconnect the controller and try to connect it again.
  4. DeclanSanders Win User

Hi there, yes. When connected to my pc via bluetooth it is only recognised as a regular XB1 controller (can't use or remap the paddles etc). The Accessories app also only sees it as a regular xbox one controller.

Thanks
  5. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

I am so sorry you are going through these difficulties.

Can't use the controller as an Elite Series 2?

The Xbox Accessories app recognizes it as a normal controller and does not allow you to customize it?

Best regards
  6. CCN_HsK Win User

Bluetooth? Xbox windows wireless adapter

If your controller model is 1708 and 1797 (elite v2),

you can use bluetooth connect the pc / mobile phone.

1537, 1697, 1698 (elite) is not support bluetooth.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11 - Similar Threads - Elite Controller bluetooth

2. My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...: I purchased a new xbox elite series 2 core controller. Yesterday I tried connecting it to my pc via Bluetooth but controller is not going into pairing mode (holding pairing button for 3 seconds)....
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  5. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  7. Elite Series 2 Controller PC Via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller PC Via Bluetooth: Now I know this isn’t a new topic but mine is a slightly different query to what I’ve seen before. My elite series 2 controller won’t stay connected to my new PC via Bluetooth at a range of less...
  8. Vibrations not working with Elite 2 Controller when connected via Bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Vibrations not working with Elite 2 Controller when connected via Bluetooth on PC: I have recently purchased the Xbox Elite 2 Wireless controller. I use this controller via Bluetooth. The problem is when I play games like Forza 5 on my PC, I do not get any vibrations. The...
  9. xbox elite 1 controller not showing up in bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite 1 controller not showing up in bluetooth: I just bought an xbox elite controller online. I have tried all of the driver update, uninstall/reinstall ways to fix this. I have the xbox accessory app and the controller is updated. It works...
  10. Elite Controller V2 bluetooth recognition

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Controller V2 bluetooth recognition: Hi guys, I know for ages now there has been an issue with the firmware for the elite controller 2 not getting recognized as an elite controller while connected to a windows pc via bluetooth,...