Xbox Elite Controller | Paddles as additional buttons

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller | Paddles as additional buttons in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Heyya, I have recently received my new Elite controller and have been very excited. Mainly cause of the additional paddles on the back. I hoped tho,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AntonGallmetzer, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Xbox Elite Controller | Paddles as additional buttons

Heyya,

I have recently received my new Elite controller and have been very excited. Mainly cause of the additional paddles on the back. I hoped tho, they would act like additional buttons (as LB, or RB), but they don't. It isn't possible to set them as separate buttons in the controller app on the PC as well. They only take over functions for existing buttons.

Is there a way I can set them up as additional buttons, and if not, is it planned to add that possibility?

Kind regards

Anton

:)

AntonGallmetzer, Jul 20, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

At the moment, there is no official information from Microsoft about this, Anton.

However, this can be a great idea. You can make your suggestion to the Xbox team by creating a post on the Xbox Insiders Subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

This link leads to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Anton_II Win User

Hey Manuela,

Thanks for your reply. I'm aware of that, hence I asked if it is planned to add them as additional inputs in the future.

Kind regards

Anton
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Antongallmetzer, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

At the moment, the paddles in the Xbox elite controller can be mapped only to existing buttons on your controller (A, X, B, Y, etc.)
  5. lackoftraction Win User

Xbox Elite 2 controller NOT working with new firmware update

To be very, very clear, the problem is that the newest firmware updates to Xbox elite 2 controller has broken the functionality of the paddles. As of the latest firmware, the paddles are completely disabled when in default profile. The paddles used to work in default mode, and now they don't. Steam can corroborate this: last year Steam added functionality to customize the outputs of the elite controllers paddles, which means that the paddles used to output a unique signal instead on only emulating other controller buttons.

A quick internet search reveals numerous accounts from users who had used steam to customize the paddle outputs, proving that the paddles used to work. You can also see a growing number of recent complaints from Elite controller users who are realizing that their paddle inputs are now broken. This is not an isolated occurrence, the elite controller was broken by the latest firmware updates, and people are realizing it.

The changes made to the Xbox elite 2 Controller paddles in the latest firmware updates NEED TO BE REVERTED.
  6. lackoftraction Win User

Elite Controller 2 paddles not registering in app

I think I'm having the same issue, but since I just got my Elite 2 controller today I can't be sure. Could you check something for me?

Go into Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, then find your elite controller (listed as "Xbox Wireless Controller" I think) right click and select "Game Controller Settings". From there you should see a readout of all of your controller inputs. Mine lists 16 total buttons, but the paddle buttons will not activate. If I remap the paddles to other buttons within the XBox Accessories app then I can emulate a different button with the paddles, for instance X lights up the "3" button, and so does the paddle... but the paddle button never illuminates.

The paddles seem to produce NO UNIQUE INPUT OF THEIR OWN, they can only emulate other buttons, even though the computer knows the paddle buttons exist.

From all the searching I've done, what I've gathered is that the "Default" profile (which you can activate by holding the profile selector for a few seconds) used to allow the paddles to work independently, but something within the last few months broke that. For instance Steam's Big Picture controller configuration options used to allow for remapping the paddles, but now they do not.

TLDR: Microsoft seems to have recently broke something in and update to the Xbox Elite controller, which is now preventing the paddle buttons from sending their unique button input while using the default profile. They can now only emulate another controller button, or send no input at all.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller | Paddles as additional buttons - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Paddles

2. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  3. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  4. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  5. My Xbox elite controller paddles fall off on the right paddles

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox elite controller paddles fall off on the right paddles: My elite controller paddles fall off/wiggly when I put them on in the right side . 8d58380d-1f62-4b50-8fe9-e79ad39673e8
  6. Xbox Elite Controller Paddle Magnets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Paddle Magnets: The magnets always seem to come loose after a few months causing miss-inputs. This seems to be a very common problem that I have had on all of me Elite and Elite Series 2 controllers. Is there a...
  7. From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...

in XBoX on Windows
    From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...: Paddles for Xbox elite series 2 from design lab ea2976b5-08ec-49a9-8180-86137aa7be05
  8. I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...: I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it includes paddles. What I can do? a4e8ce38-c7d5-46d5-bd93-f2a984c28027
  9. Just purchased Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but paddles do not stay in place

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just purchased Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but paddles do not stay in place: Appears the magnets at the bottom and misaligned to where the paddles are meant to fit. Any advice on how to resolve this? 0f2ba1d4-b10a-417d-89df-ece24db083bd
  10. Elite 2 controller disconnects if you move your hands. What paddled controller should I get?

in XboX Insiders
    Elite 2 controller disconnects if you move your hands. What paddled controller should I get?: Bought an Elite 2 controller today because I gave my Elite to my friend a few years back. I didn’t need it anymore. The Elite 2 controller disconnects immediately in an intense situation where the...