Xbox Elite controller on pc Endless Update Loop

Discus and support Xbox Elite controller on pc Endless Update Loop in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cannot set-up profile for button mapping on my xbox elite controller on pc due to the xbox accessories app want to endlessly update the controller.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kris Kidd, Oct 27, 2023.

1. Kris Kidd
    Kris Kidd Guest

I cannot set-up profile for button mapping on my xbox elite controller on pc due to the xbox accessories app want to endlessly update the controller. I've deleted the firm wear and even uninstalled and reinstalled the xbox accessories app. I've checked for any and all update my pc and the app itself may have needed. I've turned off all programs that may affect the update process to the controller. I've even changed cords and switched usb ports. Still nothing has worked. It has only worked once back when I first bought the controller in February of this year. Also, I must I need to update the controller first before I can even do any button mapping/creating profile? Wouldn't it have made more sense to still have the option to do that first incase such as an event like my issue happens and you have no way of doing anything with your newly $200 controller.

:)

Kris Kidd, Oct 27, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

I advise you try power cycle your controller. Many controller issues can be resolved by putting the controller through a complete power cycle. To power cycle your controller:
    1. Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    2. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button  again to turn the controller back on.

For more details and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/wireless-controller-solution

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. TinasheSteve Win User

xbox account

I am now having a endless loop when trying to update console xbox one original ....
  4. fizzyBLACKpop Win User

Endless update loop

If you are in the preview programme I suggest turning that off.

When I had basic internet I would get updates all the time and it was annoying but after upgrading to high speed I haven't experienced one in person. I set to background updates and haven't seen one for about 6 months now.
  5. SoullessCodith Win User

Endless update loop

I have had 2 updates so far this week. I am in the alpha skip-ahead preview tier. It is unusual for me to not have at least one update a week.
  6. Tier117.com Win User

Endless Update Loop

Xbox One S - gets thru the update until powering down but doesn't restart. I corrected the issue by holding the power button for 5-6 seconds until the console powered off. Then I unplugged the power cord from both the console and wall for 60 seconds, plugged it back in and restarted the console. Upon selecting and doing the system update it completed with a restart and then returned me to the home screen.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite controller on pc Endless Update Loop - Similar Threads - Elite controller Endless

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  6. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  7. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  8. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  9. Elite 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller: When I am using my controller, my paddles are not working, they click down, but do not register any input, while I am using my controller, I rely on the use of my paddles...
  10. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...