xbox elite controller left stick acts as right trigger

Discus and support xbox elite controller left stick acts as right trigger in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i’ve had my xbox elite controller for a while and i’ve never really had any problems, but now anytime i use the controller it’s like i’m holding down... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dimrz, Aug 12, 2021.

1. dimrz
    dimrz Guest

i’ve had my xbox elite controller for a while and i’ve never really had any problems, but now anytime i use the controller it’s like i’m holding down the right trigger all the time. when i play seige and i go to sprint(left stick) it makes me shoot my gun(right trigger). also when i’m in the xbox guide or on the home page it makes me go all the way to the bottom because that’s what rt is supposed to do. i can’t even use it anymore please help

:)

dimrz, Aug 12, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Dimrz, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly update your controller to possibly fix the issue.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

You can also check this link for further steps: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. codey strong Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller

Tried and it made no difference, issue is with controller I believe as when I use left analog stick forward with my trigger stops engaged it will act as if I’m pulling the left trigger
  4. Zero420override Win User

Microsoft should improve their Xbox One Controllers via quality

I agree, the only controller I have that works properly is my elite. All the controllers I have either have triggers that don't work right or the left thumb stick wont work in the up position.
  5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller profile help

Hi Beau,

I don't think it's possible at this moment to map the right or left sticks to assign them to specific buttons. What you can do is map clicking in the right stick into press Right Trigger. But the only customization with the sticks are swapping the left and the right, or inverting the Y axis.

I don't personally own the adaptive controller, but trying these settings with the Elite Series 2 controller does not allow me to do so. If there are any more questions, please let me know.

-Hayabusa
  6. Analog2112 Win User

Elite Controller (Stick right trigger)

Fixed it. Since it was out of warranty, i opened it up. I found the Hall sensors. Found the "Rogue Screw" removed it. Used the Game controller tester and had the controller plugged into my computer. All I did was tap on the sensor a few times with my trusty
    torx bit, voila, started working. I hope this helps others.
Thema:

1. xbox elite controller left stick acts as right trigger - Similar Threads - elite controller left

2. The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion

in XBoX on Consoles
    The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion: The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion, it’s like if I have the stick pointed to the left 6281967a-235e-4954-9c73-31478dde2c48
  3. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  4. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  5. My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite 2 left controller wont work when I push down to use.: while playing the Left controller wont function when I push down to use that function. how do i fix that. its only 8 months old . 9995a63b-4a8a-4090-9d1a-a3b32fec8997
  6. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  7. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...
  8. New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button: My controller disconnects when I press the lefts stick button, I've done a full shutdown of my Xbox, but it still happens. I've tried the button test in settings and when I press left stick button...
  9. Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...: Have gone to this page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/device?, registered my device, xbox elite controller series 2, and then pressed the Start order [img] I have put in that the left...
  10. ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...: if i move the stick in a anti clockwise rotation it becomes really stiff and right side of the stick basically locks up, if i spin it in the opposite direction it feels like a brand new controller...