Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Has anybody else had an issue with their elite controllers being laggy at certain points? I’ve played Rainbow Six Siege for years now and about... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/oweeennnn, May 19, 2022.

1. /u/oweeennnn
    /u/oweeennnn Guest

Has anybody else had an issue with their elite controllers being laggy at certain points? I’ve played Rainbow Six Siege for years now and about 2/3months ago, it started to be really laggy at the start of rounds. You press triggers and the weapon doesn’t shoot.

If I plug it in to the Xbox the issue is slightly less but still there. Is there anything in the works about this?

submitted by /u/oweeennnn
    [link] [comments]

/u/oweeennnn, May 19, 2022
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Can the xbox series X/S and elite series polling rate be unlocked via software update? Can you guys make it possible?

Hello Elite S, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji!

Yes, it is possible to unlock the sound speed of Xbox Series X/S and Elite Series controllers through a software update. The update brings dynamic latency input to these older controllers, meaning it will send input data when it detects it in as little as 2ms when used with an Xbox Series console, rather than polling and transmitting at a fixed interval. 8ms

However, the ability to modify Software or Hardware is not within my capabilities.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox Elite série 2[Xbox Elite series 2]

Hello _Cristophe-,

Thank you for your post. The Xbox Series X will allow for backward compatibility with Xbox One controllers, meaning an Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 will work as normal with the Series X.

I hope this helps!
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox Series X controller input lag

Since you've already gone through the troubleshooting steps and the controller is only 2 days old you have two option. You can either check with the retailer for a possible exchange/refund, or get in touch with the customer support for further assistance. If you happened to purchase the game from the Microsoft store then you will need to get in touch with the online team and they'll take in charge.

If you happened to go with the online team option you can access Contact us | Xbox Support, follow the instructions after clicking on the green button "Contact us" and choose to get help either from an online chat agent or request a callback. Make sure the region on the support website is set to your correct region in order not to find issues with the steps.
  6. LukeMQ Win User

Xbox Series X controller input lag

On Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. If I plug any headphone with or without microphone in the Xbox Series X controller the commands are more responsive but the problem remains. I reported more and more times this problem to Microsoft since 3 months but still there isn't an update that resolve this issue with my great disappointment. I think this issue started since about 4 months after a system update, and I think the problem is the same of yours. Can you confirm this?
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Input

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  4. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  5. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  6. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  7. bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs)

in XBoX on Consoles
    bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs): I would like to send it in from Canada and just have them replace or permanently repair both components. How can I do so? dc1ddab5-b268-4241-abfa-9d4590db96e0
  8. Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted: As in the question when a know is fitted to the left joystick there is no right input. Worked perfectly fine the day prior to posting question and just not today. When removed works perfectly...
  9. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...: Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not...
  10. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...: Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not...