Xbox Elite Controller disconnects from my Series X....'AFTER' 2hrs of game play!

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller disconnects from my Series X....'AFTER' 2hrs of game play! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. Has anyone else had this problem? I have checked the batteries and they are fine. I have tried another controller and that does the same, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MatoMatsui, Jan 24, 2024.

1. MatoMatsui
    MatoMatsui Guest

Xbox Elite Controller disconnects from my Series X....'AFTER' 2hrs of game play!

Hi.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have checked the batteries and they are fine.

I have tried another controller and that does the same, it disconnects.... and that controller is brand new!!

This never used to happen. My xbox has not moved position, I have not moved position and nothing extra has been added near my xbox.
    The only variable in is the addition of a new Samsung 55" QLED Smart Tv, in place of my old tv.

Could the issue be my TV?... My old TV did not have Bluetooth, but the new one does! Nothing is connected to it via bluetooth, I have cleared everything.... so it can't be that , surely?

Does over heating cause Bluetooth issues with the Xbox Series X?

Why does my controller work for about 2hrs then decide not to connect???

I'm genuinely baffled.... any help?

:)

MatoMatsui, Jan 24, 2024
  2. Mythic Sandman Win User

why are xbox one controllers so faulty and wear out fast and unreliable compared to other xbox controller generatioms

All my controllers from Xbox One to X and Elite 1 & 2 still work and have no faults mechanically. Elite Series 1 my grips came off after two years of abuse. Other than that no problems.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Elite Controller Disconnecting

Hello RobHM1, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing disconnection issues with your Elite Series 2 controller on your Xbox Series X.

First make sure the Elite Series 2 controller battery is fully charged. A low battery can cause intermittent disconnections. It is always advisable to use fully charged batteries or keep the controller connected via a USB cable.

Check to see if firmware updates are available for your Elite Series 2 controller. You can do this through the Xbox Accessories app on your Xbox Series X console. Keeping firmware up-to-date can fix connectivity and stability issues.

If you are using the controller wirelessly, make sure there is no nearby interference that could affect the signal. Move other wireless devices such as routers, cell phones, or other Bluetooth devices away from your Xbox and the controller. You can also try changing a wired connection using a USB cable to rule out wireless connectivity issues.

If you have access to another controller, try connecting it to your Xbox Series X and playing for a while to see if you experience the same disconnection issues. This will help you determine if the issue is specifically related to the Elite Series 2 controller or if it is broader.

Reset the controller settings You can try resetting the Elite Series 2 controller to factory settings. To do this, press and hold the profile and sync buttons on the back of the controller until all four LED indicators flash. Then, pair the controller with your Xbox again and check if the issue still occurs.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Vanguard Controller issue ...

Connecting the controller with a USB cable doesn't work,

Controller still disconnects even with a USB cable connected,

I have the same issue with Series X using mouse and keyboard for Call of Duty Vanguard.

I played during the beta and there was no problems with the controller disconnecting but as soon as the game released, the controller disconnects,

I've tried a Xbox One controller Series X controller, with batteries and a USB cable, and the controllers still disconnects.
  5. KJCAPTAIN420 Win User

Series x and our digital games

Yes you will be able to play all Xbox one games and all games that are on backward compatibility list when the Series X releases. Also will be able to use your Xbox one controllers if you wanted to. I know I will still be using my Elite controller ....
    So excited for Series X...
  6. bpipal Win User

Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently

This did not work, I also noticed that if I shut off the XBOX One X it disconnects this controller and I have to reconnect it on startup. This does not happen with my other controllers just the Elite series 2 one.. I'll request a replacement
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller disconnects from my Series X....'AFTER' 2hrs of game play! - Similar Threads - Elite Controller disconnects

2. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  3. Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller. Just started having issues with it. The controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in. Xbox light on it works and everything. No updates...
  4. Xbox elite 2 controller suddenly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller suddenly disconnecting: Hello all of a sudden my Xbox elite 2 controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting during game play i even tried plugging the cable directly into the controller and still starts flashing for...
  5. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  6. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  8. My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one: My Xbox elite controller keeps on disconnecting from my Xbox one. I did the controller update and it still keeps on disconnecting f5c6c4c6-4349-4ba3-8930-88169baaeceb
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  10. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...