Xbox Elite Controller - Connected to PC won't play audio

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller - Connected to PC won't play audio in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My xbox controller is connected to my PC through the wireless USB thing, it has been working fine since I got it about 6 months ago. My controller died... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BiGBOOBYHUSTLA, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Xbox Elite Controller - Connected to PC won't play audio

My xbox controller is connected to my PC through the wireless USB thing, it has been working fine since I got it about 6 months ago. My controller died yesterday (for some reason the light stayed on), I put new batteries in and now I can't talk or hear anything.
    Please help me.

:)

BiGBOOBYHUSTLA, Aug 21, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

3. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Default Username 234

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully figure out if there's something up with your controller. I can totally understand how a problem like this can totally hinder your gaming experience. I suggest following the steps outlined
    in our Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution.

When you get the chance, give those steps a shot and let us know how that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  4. Default Username 234 Win User

Also, it doesn't work on my xbox. Just checked
  5. Default Username 234 Win User

It's been updated, still no luck
  6. Mae Sev. Win User

Xbox elite series 2 wont connect to xbox accessories app on my pc

Hello Yeddy Yordan,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you're having trouble connecting your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to the Xbox Accessories app on your PC. There could be several reasons why your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is not connecting to the Xbox Accessories app on your PC or through Bluetooth. Nothing to worry, we'll work on this together.

Before we proceed, I will be asking you few questions to help us understand the concern further:

1. Have you tried connecting the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to a different PC or Xbox console to see if it connects?
    2. Have you checked if the USB-C cord you are using is working properly by trying a different cord?
    3. Have you tried updating the firmware on the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller through the Xbox Accessories app on your PC?
    4. Have you checked if your PC's Bluetooth is turned on and discoverable?
    5. Have you tried removing any other Bluetooth devices from your PC's Bluetooth settings to see if that helps the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connect?

In the meantime, please ensure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the Xbox Accessories app. You can check the system requirements on the Microsoft Store page for the app.

Next, please try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

• Make sure that your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is fully charged. You can charge it using the USB-C cable that came with the controller.

• Try connecting the controller to your PC using a different USB-C cable. Make sure that the cable is fully inserted into both the controller and the PC.

• If the controller still won't connect via USB, try resetting the controller. To do this, press and hold the Pair button on the back of the controller for 3 seconds, then release it. The Xbox button on the controller should start flashing rapidly, indicating that it's in pairing mode.

• If the controller still won't connect via USB, try connecting it to a different USB port on your PC.

• If the controller won't connect via USB, try connecting it to your PC via Bluetooth. To do this, press and hold the Pair button on the back of the controller for 3 seconds, then release it. The Xbox button on the controller should start flashing slowly, indicating that it's in pairing mode. On your PC, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices, then click "Add Bluetooth or other device". Select "Bluetooth" and follow the on-screen instructions to pair the controller.

• If the controller still won't connect via Bluetooth, try resetting the controller and your PC. To reset the controller, press and hold the Pair button on the back of the controller for 20 seconds, then release it. To reset your PC, go to Start > Power > Restart.

If none of these steps work, please try updating the firmware on your controller. You can do this using the Xbox Accessories app on your Xbox console. Connect your controller to your console using a USB cable, then open the Xbox Accessories app. Select your controller, then select "Device info". If a firmware update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update your controller.

I hope this helps you with the issue for your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller - Connected to PC won't play audio - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Connected

2. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  5. Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?: am under the impression that this controller does not support Bluetooth/wireless connections. Even if it does, my 2023 Mac M2 still does not recognize it (running the latest update). I have tried...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller is not connecting to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller is not connecting to PC: Hello, I have an issue with my Xbox controller not connecting to my PC via USB. I have read a few different forums and nothing seems to work. mainly for 2 reasons, When I search Control Panel,...
  7. Xbox elite controller 2 connection errors

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller 2 connection errors: A couple of days ago my Xbox Elite Controller 2 didn´t respond when I tried to turn it on pressing the Xbox button. After connecting the USB cable it turned on and I was able to use it without...
  8. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  9. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  10. Please can anybody advise me on connecting my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to my PC with USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please can anybody advise me on connecting my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to my PC with USB?: I am unable to connect my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller to my PC via USB. I can connect it with Bluetooth, but I can't configure it in the Xbox Accessories app in Windows 11 23H2 this way or even...