Xbox Elite controller 2. Why I think this is the best device to play at computer? And...

Discus and support Xbox Elite controller 2. Why I think this is the best device to play at computer? And... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In this year I set a goal to update my game controller to computer. I use 4 year Steam controller to play games at computer. I start find best new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FilippFV, Feb 4, 2022.

1. FilippFV
    FilippFV Guest

Xbox Elite controller 2. Why I think this is the best device to play at computer? And...

In this year I set a goal to update my game controller to computer. I use 4 year Steam controller to play games at computer. I start find best new device at world market. Main criteria for new device was an additional buttons. Fortunately, Xbox Elite Controller, have 4 paddles, which really good realize in device. And other opportunities was great: replaceable sticks, material, ergonomics. Really premium device.

After buying and testing Xbox Elite controller 2 I receive a great disenchantment, because don't see a basic functionality that I want see in premium device. I mean, that I can't set to additional paddles macros, or combination of buttons. It's really strange. Only replace main buttons.

More strange that I can buy and use mice and keyboards with additional buttons and the all have basic functionality to set all combinations of buttons or macros to additional buttons. But if you use Xbox Elite controller 2, you can't set combinations of buttons or macros.

I hope that my post read in Microsoft dev team, that develop Xbox Elite controller 2, and they add functionality (set combination of buttons and macros) in nearest update of firmware.

P.S. If you think, that my proposial is great, I ask to support message in this topic.

:)

FilippFV, Feb 4, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Elite controller 2 not working

I understand. Please try to reinstall the Series 2 driver:

First, disconnect the controller from the computer.

Go to Start > Search and click on device manager > Find the Elite Series 2 controller driver. Right click on it > Uninstall.

Restart your computer. Plug the controller on the computer and wait until the driver is installed again. Open the Xbox Accessories App and check for the buttons mapping and if the controller is correctly recognized.

Try to play again and see if you still have this issue.
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Xbox Elite 2 controller problems on windows

Hello samuel romans,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix the issues with your Xbox Elite 2 controller on Windows. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account and devices here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue. Based on the information you've provided; it seems like the controller is not being recognized correctly by your computer.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-May I know what was the last changes/updates you made on your end before the issue occurred?
    - Is everything completely working before?
    -Are you getting any error message?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

1. Make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date. You can check for updates by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

2. Uninstall the Xbox One controller driver from your computer. To do this, go to Device Manager, find the Xbox One controller under "Xbox Peripherals," right-click on it, and select "Uninstall device."

3. Disconnect the Xbox Elite 2 controller from your computer.

4. Download and install the latest version of the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store.

5. Connect the Xbox Elite 2 controller to your computer using a USB cable.

6. Open the Xbox Accessories app and check if the controller is recognized correctly as an Xbox Elite 2 controller.

7. If the controller is still recognized as an Xbox One controller, try updating the firmware of the controller using the Xbox Accessories app.

8. If the issue persists, try connecting the controller to a different USB port on your computer.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. D4vid 360 Win User

What is the most advanced controller on the market as of now, June 2020??????

Best controller for playing is with no doubt the elite series 2. I do not know if there is some orher type of third party controller that can have some better connectivity/personalization. But in general, series 1 and 2 of the elite are top
  5. 80s guy Win User

Elite series 2 bumper repair

Why did you buy an Xbox elite controller 2

It breaks easily why not buy a regular Xbox one controller if you are just to play games

I would not waste my money on advanced accessories
  6. Zentr0Gaming Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller unresponsive face buttons -- defective controller or design flaw?

Most xbox one elite controllers (1 and 2) tend to become disfunctional after awhile, especially if you swap parts frequently. Which is why I think they don’t last as long as normal controllers.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite controller 2. Why I think this is the best device to play at computer? And... - Similar Threads - Elite controller Why

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  5. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  6. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  7. Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?: Recently I got an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller that has had constant problems. Every time I press in the right stick, the controller shuts all the way down and takes several seconds to a minute...
  8. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  9. Why are Xbox Series Elite 2 controllers garbage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are Xbox Series Elite 2 controllers garbage?: Don't Microsoft & Xbox got quality controlls?? All the controllers seems to have issues, and waiting 2-3 weeks for a replacement ain't acceptable! We pay money for a controller that should just...
  10. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...