xbox elite 2 gamepad - how to make lower 4 paddles buttons neutral, and not as doubled...

Discus and support xbox elite 2 gamepad - how to make lower 4 paddles buttons neutral, and not as doubled... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I bought elite 2 gamepad just for one reason - to have additional bottom 4 buttons as paddles to be neutral and to be able to give them other,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Okvals Rahlod, Aug 8, 2023.

1. xbox elite 2 gamepad - how to make lower 4 paddles buttons neutral, and not as doubled...

So, I bought elite 2 gamepad just for one reason - to have additional bottom 4 buttons as paddles to be neutral and to be able to give them other, neutral functions, not just combine existing ones. How Do I do that? I dont need additional A,B,X,Y function, but I need 4 neutral buttons so I can assign the neutral additional functions to them, not doubled function from already existing ones. For an example, in a game, I need to change weapons neutrally, not to be combined with A,B,Y,X buttons, beacuse if this is the case, its actually useless buttons.

In Xbox acessories, I can assign them "shift" function, but it doesnt do anything when asigning key shortcuts in a game. They simply dont have any function after assigned as "shift" buttons, being unrecognizable in a game key seup. Am I doing something wrong? How to implement "shift" button in games keybinding to work as a neutral function?

I want a totally new button function to 4 extra paddles, not double the functions. So, How do I do that? Its a must function, otherwise this controller is useless basically.

Thank you for your answer.

:)

Okvals Rahlod, Aug 8, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

xbox elite 2 gamepad - how to make lower 4 paddles buttons neutral, and not as doubled functions?

Hello Okvals Rahlod,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us.

We completely understand how you feel about this issue we have and based on your description, you are trying to set up the added pads from your end for you Xbox in order for you to have an additional key that you can use when you play the game. Let's work on this together and sort everything out in a timely manner.

Shift on a controller works a lot like it does on a standard keyboard. When you press and hold the assigned Shift button, the buttons you choose became alternate inputs (helpful for changing configurations on the fly. For example, let's assume you've assigned your Shift button to a paddle. By pressing and holding the paddle, the X button might act as Y, or D-pad down might act as LB. How you assign Shift and alternate inputs is up to you.

I will be asking you further questions for us to better isolate this issue we have.

1. Is this the first time you set up this Xbox Elite 2 controller from you?

2. Or was his working before?

3. Where did you buy this controller from?

4. Can you send us a screenshot of the paddles along with your controller please?

5. What device are you using to play your games with your Xbox Elite 2 controller?

While you are waiting for the response after you provided the information above, you may want to perform few troubleshooting steps from your end which you can check below:

Configure a Shit button on your controller:

1. Open the Xbox Accesories app:
      • One the Xbox console, press the Xbox button to open the guide, select My games & apps > See all > Apps, and then choose Xbox Accesories.
      • On Windows, press the Start button, type Xbox Accesories or choose it from the list, and then sign in. If the app isn't installed on your PC, get it here: Microsoft Store
    2. Scroll to the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and select Configure.
    3. Choose a profile or create a new one, then select the Edit icon. For more info, see: Configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller
    4. In the Mapping tab, assign a Shift button by choosing a button, selecting the Use as Shift button checkbox, and then pressing the B button to save your change. The up-arrow button will appear over the button, indicating that it's the assigned Shift button.
    5. Choose a button or stick you'd like to modify with Shift:
      • For sticks, choose left or right stick, then choose Shift. To swap your left stick with the right stick when modifying with Shift (or vice versa), select the Swap X axis with left/right stick and Swap Y axis with left/right stick checkboxes.

To invert the up/down direction of your stick when modifying with Shit, select the invert Y axis checkbox. When you're done, press the B button.
      • For the buttons, choose a button on the controller you want to modify with Shift, then choose Shift. Choose button from the list (this will be the button that's used when the Shift button is held down). The Shift status will reflect the button you've chosen. When you're done, press the B button.
    6. Press the B button again to save your changes.

When you're in a game, press and hold the assigned Shift button to activate the alternative input.

If any case you have done the steps accordingly, you can try to check for an update for your controller. To do that, you can directly check this link so you can see the ways of updating you Xbox.

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller

We will look forward for your response.

Kindly let us know if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

xbox elite 2 gamepad - how to make lower 4 paddles buttons neutral, and not as doubled functions?

Hello Okvals Rahlod,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. MikeBar Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Spare Parts?

Some sellers on eBay have started to split up the accessories pack and sell the different parts separately. I bough the paddles and ONLY the paddles here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pack-Upgrade-Durability-Metal-Paddles-For-Xbox-One-Elite-2-Controller-Gamepad/401996797637.
    MUCH cheaper than buying the whole accessories pack just for one of the parts.
  5. CamicaziBoss Win User

Cannot run when using a elite controller

I mapped one of the paddles to the left stick for sprinting in games on my Elite. Both the paddle and left stick click have been working fine.

Make sure your button is functioning properly in other games--it could be jammed. Also, double-check your button mapping (Xbox Accessories App) and controller settings (in the game).
  6. Skeeter Quill Win User

Elite Controller, no drivers?

The paddles on the Elite controller can only be mapped through the Xbox Accessories app on the Xbox One or Windows 10, otherwise they default to ABXY. They are mapped through the controller itself, you press a paddle on the controller, the controller then
    sends the mapped command to the PC/Console. Thus they can only be mapped to duplicate other buttons on the controller and cannot be mapped to commands that are "outside" of the regular Xbox Controller inputs.

Basically they aren't an extra 4 buttons, rather an alternative 4 buttons.

Also, if they are not responding at all, try double tapping the sync button on the top of the controller. When turning the paddles off, you get 4 short bursts of vibration, when turning the paddles on, you get one longer burst of vibration.
Thema:

xbox elite 2 gamepad - how to make lower 4 paddles buttons neutral, and not as doubled...

1. xbox elite 2 gamepad - how to make lower 4 paddles buttons neutral, and not as doubled... - Similar Threads - elite gamepad lower

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  4. DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...: Sent in my Elite Pro 2 controller, since the left bumper stopped responding consistently. It came back a week and a half later, and the techs apparently used a freaking crowbar to pry the face...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  6. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  7. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  8. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  9. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  10. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...