Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Controller Extended Warranty Question

Discus and support Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Controller Extended Warranty Question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I am currently in the market of buying an Xbox Elite 2 controller through Design Lab. I've been reading a lot of comments, forums, and even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Toast-Tea, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Toast-Tea
    Toast-Tea Guest

Hello! I am currently in the market of buying an Xbox Elite 2 controller through Design Lab. I've been reading a lot of comments, forums, and even heard through some reviews on YouTube that speak about the inconsistency and quality control being subpar. However, through all of those demerits, people continue to buy them because of the premium feel, look, and paddles.

My main concern is this: if I buy this controller that is $220+, will I be able to buy any type of extended warranty?

I am aware that buying from the website automatically gives you 1 year of a warranty. However, I plan on having it for a while, especially since it will be designed to my liking.

Thank you!

:)

Toast-Tea, Sep 17, 2023
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

xBox one-s, awaria przycisku RB - gwarancja (xBox one-S, RB button failure-Warranty)

Hello Tomasz,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Xbox one standard controllers have 90 days of warranty. After that time has passed, you would have to buy a new one if you would like to replace your controller. The exceptions being the Design lab controllers
    (120 day warranty) and the elite controllers (1 year warranty). If you purchased "Microsoft complete" with your console then you may have the extended warranty that extends to the controllers as well.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
  3. Toast-Tea Win User

Xbox elite controller series 2 design lab warranty

I'm curious about the additional 2-year warranty. If that is available for an Xbox Elite 2 controller through Design Labs, how do you purchase it?

Thank you!
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there, my name is Gerardo and I'm an Xbox player like you. I'll be happy to help.

it seems that the Elite Series 2 controllers are eligible for the "Microsoft Complete" plan, which provides extended coverage and support for your controller for up to 3 years. This coverage even includes damage from accidents, not just defects. Just keep in mind that after purchasing the controller, you have up to 45 days to request the plan.

You can find all the information about it, including how to get the plan, at the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/b/microsoft-complete

At the bottom of the previous website, it indicates that this plan is also available for Elite Series 2 controllers. I will immediately quote the part where this is indicated:

"Microsoft Complete is available in select markets for Surface Go, Surface Pro, Surface Laptop, Surface Book, Surface Studio, Surface Type Cover and Pro Keyboards, Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X, Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and must be purchased at the time of device purchase or within 45 days after purchase with device inspection. In European countries, Microsoft Complete must be purchased from the same retailer from which the original device was purchased."

I hope this information is useful to you.

Best regards.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Designer labs controller

Hi SuspectedFlyer7,

Thanks for the reply! In regard to a Design Lab controller, they have a 120 day standard warranty, the Elite has a full year and any standard or other controller/accessory is subject to the 90 day warranty. Here are a couple of handy support articles that
    you may find useful in regard to Design Lab controllers:

Xbox Design Lab and Xbox Design Lab controller help

Design Lab Controller Frequently Asked Questions

As you're having an issue with a design lab controller, you may wish to go ahead and
    request a call back from Xbox Support to see if they can get you sorted out in regards to a repair or replacement, or what they would recommend in this situation. Just be aware
    that it may take a bit more time for servicing as Design Lab controllers are custom fabricated for each individual.

I hope that this information helps you out a bit more!
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox design lab controller warranty

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have question on warranty on your design lab controller. You can follow the guide

controller warranty
    , in the future for any controller. Your controller looks as it may be in warranty as the warranty is 120 days for a design lab controller.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Controller Extended Warranty Question - Similar Threads - Elite Design Lab

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...

in XBoX on Windows
    From Xbox Design Lab I got the Xbox elite series 2 controller and it said that the paddles...: Paddles for Xbox elite series 2 from design lab ea2976b5-08ec-49a9-8180-86137aa7be05
  4. Can the custom engraving on my custom designed elite series 2 controller be fixed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the custom engraving on my custom designed elite series 2 controller be fixed?: The custom engraving on my custom Elite Series 2 controller that I received is not centered properly. It is centered correctly on the image with the order confirmation email I received. It is...
  5. How do I get an update on my design lab elite controller service request?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get an update on my design lab elite controller service request?: I sent it in 2 weeks ago and have confirmation from the shipper it was received but have not received any notice from Xbox. When I enter the service order number I'm told it can't be found. I'm...
  6. Design lab elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Design lab elite series 2 controller: I just ordered a brand new design lab elite controller it arrived this past monday August 7th i have played with it twice and I noticed there is some play in the joy sticks the right one has...
  7. I am trying to purchase a Xbox elite 2 controller on design lab but where do I pay?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to purchase a Xbox elite 2 controller on design lab but where do I pay?: Why can’t I purchase things on design lab? 52885aa5-83a3-42ae-92bd-4d8128baec35
  8. Unable to put design lab elite series 2 controller in cart

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to put design lab elite series 2 controller in cart: I would like to buy a custom design lab elite 2 controller for £124.99 instead of a normal elite 2 for £149.99 because I don’t want the extra accessories as I already have owned an elite two and...
  9. Xbox elite controller series 2 design lab warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 design lab warranty: Hi there, I read on Reddit that you can call and request an additional 2 year warranty on top of the standard 1 year limited warranty that the controller already comes with for $20. Personally I...
  10. Xbox Design Lab Series 2 Elite Controller Warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Series 2 Elite Controller Warranty: If my custom series 2 elite controller’s right bumper stopped working. When i send it in to get a replacement, will I get my custom design back? 0dd48079-2e6d-40a0-93d5-92e193eab61a