Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games

Discus and support Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thorz74, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Thorz74
    Thorz74 Guest

Hello.

My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox DVR.

I started noticing this 6 days ago. I can hear the commentators' voices in the game perfectly, but any clip I capture doesn't get the commentators' voices recorded. It was not always like this, I have plenty of clips from before 6 days ago where the commentary was captured normally.

Every other sound in the game gets captured correctly (music on the menus, ambient sound on the match, other sound effects) it is just the commentators' voices that are been completely stripped from the Xbox DVR recordings.

I have already uninstalled FIFA 23 and installed it again. I have plenty of internal SSD space to capture.

I haven't changed any of my Xbox capture settings. Both FIFA 22 and FIFA 23 games present the same problem! Comments are not been captured but everything else is. FIFA 18 on the other hand is not been affected by this problem, on this game all the commentator's voices are correctly captured.

I am playing on Xbox Series X and FIFA 23 was downloaded from Game Pass.

Video capture settings are 720p on the internal Xbox SSD and I am using the internal video capture module on the Xbox OS.

Appreciate your help. Thank you.

EDIT SOLUTION:

After a very disappointing support call with Microsoft where the representative simply dismissed the issue telling me that I had to call EA, the developer of the FIFA titles which I was having problems with, I decided to give some more time to solve the issue by myself before the prospect of an Xbox factory reset. By chance, I found that under the Xbox Settings > Volume and audio output > HDMI audio the selected option was Headset format and I couldn't change it, while under Headset Audio the selection was Dolby Atmos for Headphones. I then remembered that I enabled the Dolby Atmos for headphones codec a year ago and since then I have been using it without any problems, until now. For the sake of testing, I changed Headset Audio to Stereo Uncompressed and then Stereo Uncompressed was also chosen for HDMI audio. I then fired up FIFA 23 and tested capturing with the Xbox DVR, this time everything worked as expected and the voice of the commentators was present on the clip. I will leave this post here to help someone else who could be also trying to solve this issue.

:)

Thorz74, Sep 2, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Thorz74,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand your frustration with regards to your latest support transaction. Since you performed troubleshooting with them, they may have found that it would be much better if this concern was addressed by the game developers. Nevertheless, thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps you performed to fix the issue. You are correct that this will help the rest of the community members who may experience this type of issue. Once again, we acknowledge your taking the time to post your concern and resolving it on your own here in the community. Please don't hesitate to post if you have concerns or suggestions in the future.
  3. Thorz74 Win User

As a person with knowledge of how the IT industry works, I know that some people (not everyone) working on customer support, specially 1st line responders on a help desk, tend to send the customer at the first opportunity to search for support somewhere else, specially in cases that are not well documented internally. They do this instead of trying to troubleshoot with the customer or escalating the issue to 2nd or 3rd line personal. I was surprised to find this on the Xbox support line. This experience was indeed very disappointing.
  4. Pokebreaker Win User

A half a day with upload studio.

[quote user="ClassicAttack80"]

yeah the in game audio, if my TV is up loud does that mean the DVR is recording the audio equally as loud?

[/quote]

No, your specific TV volume will not change the recorded volume of in-game sound on DVR. With certain external video editing software, It seperates the video track from the audio, allowing adjustment of sound level, as well as the adding of more audio tracks
    (I.E., music, voice-over, etc), in which custom adjust of volume can be made as well.
  5. SammyVS Win User

How do I unbind the share button on my xbox controller?

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you, mate?

Sadly, so far it is not possible to disable this button but a workaround that might help you is to disable the GAME DVR.

To disable Xbox Game DVR on your Xbox One, hit the Xbox button and head to Settings. Joystick down to ‘Preferences, then select ‘Capture & share’. Toggle the first option, ‘Allow game captures’, from ‘Captures by me or games’ to ‘Don’t capture’ to disable Xbox Game DVR. Alternatively, you can toggle this option to ‘Captures by me’.
  6. Paul A. Smith Win User

Twitch Integration

Thema:

1. Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games - Similar Threads - DVR problem capturing

2. Xbox DVR Problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox DVR Problem.: Hi everyone, I really need help on this. This is something really disgusting to see from Microsoft as if I compare it to PS5 they barely have any DVR recording problem. The question is it's...
  3. Xbox Series X HDR DVR has same Xbox One X problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDR DVR has same Xbox One X problem: Xbox Series X still record with wrong pixel format. Records are useless and looks like crap on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtpqe9RQsL8 submitted by /u/alalao02 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox DVR on PC problem.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox DVR on PC problem.: I've just recently started to use Xbox DVR on PC since I've been playing Battlefield V on PC. However, I tend to listen to music via YouTube when gaming and the DVR is picking that up. Here are my...
  5. Xbox Windows 10 App - Game DVR problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Windows 10 App - Game DVR problem: Hi, I would like to know how to fix this problem. It is related with the Game DVR which doesn't let me open the application when playing a game (Win +G). These are the error messages in the Xbox...
  6. Problem with the Game DVR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with the Game DVR: So I try to use the Game DVR as a recorder for YouTube. Only when I tried to do it on Minecraft 1.8 on a server, I found that the recorder doesn't work when Minecraft is fullscreen because I can't...
  7. Game DVR Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR Problem: I just used the "Start Recording" option on Game DVR to record a clip just shy of 6 mins in length - however, the clip isn't in the list of clips made either in Game DVR or Upload studio, but it...
  8. Fortnite Win 10 clips DVR problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite Win 10 clips DVR problem: Win 10 gamebar identifies it as a game and I can record without a problem but can't upload to xbox app it says it doesn't recognize the game. Why isn it not recognized and is it supposed to be...
  9. Game DVR problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR problem: Hey Guys, In my xbox one app for Windows 10 i cant record with Game DVR. When i go to Settings and press on the Game DVR button it calls ,,A Problem is occurred please try again later´´ can...
  10. Xbox DVR problem on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR problem on PC: My name is Daniel. I was going to check out my Xbox DVR clips on my PC, but the image of the clips are zoomed in. This is only happening on my PC, they normally on my Xbox. i need to know whats...