XBOX does nothing (power light comes on) for 10 - 15 minutes, goes to green screen and then ...

Discus and support XBOX does nothing (power light comes on) for 10 - 15 minutes, goes to green screen and then ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've played this XBOX less than 15 hours. I bought Madden 2017 yesterday and installed it. Everyhthing worked fine until the game update tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SwayingArt34448, Mar 14, 2017.

1. XBOX does nothing (power light comes on) for 10 - 15 minutes, goes to green screen and then ...

I've played this XBOX less than 15 hours. I bought Madden 2017 yesterday and installed it. Everyhthing worked fine until the game update tried to happen. It is 8.8GB and I'm out of town using my Sprint Hotspot. I turned off the hotspot and tried to connect
    to the hotel wifi. That didn't work (the XBOX wouldn't connect). I couldn't get Madden to open and it just kept going to the update game prompt. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and now I cannot get the XBOX to start at all.

I initially thought I had an HDMI issue, but after 10 - 15 minutes it'll go to the green screen but it still won't start. I've tried doing the factory reset (manually) and with the USB drive. Holding the two buttons does nothing.

HELP! I'm losing my mind.

:)

SwayingArt34448, Mar 14, 2017
  2. xbox elite red power light.

I have a mw3 xbox elite. The power light when you turn it on goes green for about 10 seconds then just turns red. no flashing lights or any other red lights. The light on the power supply is green. I let the xbox sit overnight unplugged and off and then
    tried it in another room on a different plug with the same results. there is no errors on the screen in fact nothing appears on the tv.

Again just the power light on the power button turns from green to red nothing else and nothing flashes.

bullet cooker, Mar 14, 2017
  3. Going to black screen then doing nothing,

I set up my Xbox one and turned it on. It goes to the green screen then after 10-15 minutes it just goes black and does nothing. I left it like that for half an hour and it was still black screen. I have tried turning it off and back on again and that didn't
    work

Badgie-A4001BFB-5627-49A5-8B76-F5588274993F, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

XBOX does nothing (power light comes on) for 10 - 15 minutes, goes to green screen and then ...

Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear about the console issues. Let's see if you can get the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to pop up. There are steps on

this guide
    that you can follow but here's how to do it:

• Unplug any network cables you may have plugged in
    • Turn off console then remove the power cord from the console
    • Wait 30 seconds the plug the power cord back in
    • Press and hold the Bind button (left side, the one you use to sync controllers) and the
      Eject button simultaneously.
    • Press the Xbox button
    • Continue holding Bind and Eject for 10-15 seconds
    • Listen for two power chimes then release the buttons after the SECOND chime

Hopefully that brings up the troubleshooter and at that point, you can follow the steps on the screen. If that doesn't work, the link I provided above has the steps for an alternate offline update. It's worth trying them again, just in case.

If none of that works, unfortunately your console may be in need of repairs. You can initiate that process via the Online Service Center.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, Mar 15, 2017
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

XBOX does nothing (power light comes on) for 10 - 15 minutes, goes to green screen and then nothing

Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear about the console issues. Let's see if you can get the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to pop up. There are steps on

this guide
    that you can follow but here's how to do it:

• Unplug any network cables you may have plugged in
    • Turn off console then remove the power cord from the console
    • Wait 30 seconds the plug the power cord back in
    • Press and hold the Bind button (left side, the one you use to sync controllers) and the
      Eject button simultaneously.
    • Press the Xbox button
    • Continue holding Bind and Eject for 10-15 seconds
    • Listen for two power chimes then release the buttons after the SECOND chime

Hopefully that brings up the troubleshooter and at that point, you can follow the steps on the screen. If that doesn't work, the link I provided above has the steps for an alternate offline update. It's worth trying them again, just in case.

If none of that works, unfortunately your console may be in need of repairs. You can initiate that process via the Online Service Center.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
  6. Tempus Glacia Win User

Xbox won't boot up

I did this already, four separate times now, and it still does exactly the same thing.

It comes on, brings up the green Xbox screen which idles for several long minutes, and then goes directly to a black screen and continues to do nothing.
  7. Jaymo1978 Win User

CoD Ghosts gone black screen, taking too long to start

I had success using the "hard power off" which saves having to unplug. If you hold the touch-sensitive power button on the console for 10-15 seconds, you should get a weird "beep," and the system will power all the way off (the light on your power brick
    should now be orange instead of the white standby light. Turn it back on and it'll do about a 10 minute startup (green screen, then all black, then white logo on black.) Try startin it then and see if it plays. Worked for me about a month ago, but might not
    work for everyone....
  8. Arminator Win User

Launching problems

Have you already tried to hold the power button on the console for about 10 seconds, and then starting the console again

When the console takes so long to laundh, does it show a green Xbox One logo screen, or does it show you a black screen and goes to the Home Screen?
  9. oFADED NINJAo Win User

Xbox preview update brick

Also when i turn on the xbox its a black screen then 10 minutes later it goes to the green loading screen and then another 10 min it displays the error code E200 0000001E 00000000
Thema:

1. XBOX does nothing (power light comes on) for 10 - 15 minutes, goes to green screen and then ... - Similar Threads - does nothing power

2. My discord account says it needs to be relinked and when i do that it does nothing can...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My discord account says it needs to be relinked and when i do that it does nothing can...: if anyone could solve this problem i have that would be great. so i am trying to join my friends on discord on xbox and for some reason it says i need to re-link my discord account to my xbox...
  3. Just bought Forza Horizon 5 and when I click install, it literally does nothing. Any other...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought Forza Horizon 5 and when I click install, it literally does nothing. Any other...: Just bought the game and nothing happens when I try to install it. Already reset my Xbox many times, I have plenty of storage, tried it on two different networks. Tried it even from my Xbox app....
  4. 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing: so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior: • add them via xbox console: they appear for ~30 minutes, then...
  5. Does the account recovery form actually work or am I endlessly submitting forms for nothing?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does the account recovery form actually work or am I endlessly submitting forms for nothing?: One day my Xbox account suddenly stopped letting me sign in due to "unusual activity" and it tells me to fill out a account recovery form to recover my account. Either that or text a phone number...
  6. How do I log into my Microsoft account on game bar if clicking switch accounts does nothing

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I log into my Microsoft account on game bar if clicking switch accounts does nothing: I go through the usual things you have to do to switch accounts but then then I get to the switch accounts page i click on the button to switch and nothing happens, if I click it very quickly I...
  7. I'm having a problem with the Teredo service and nothing seems to work. Does anyone know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having a problem with the Teredo service and nothing seems to work. Does anyone know...: I'm trying to play Astroneer with a friend via PC game pass but it always says connection error when they try to join, I looked into this problem for hours and this is what found out: Teredo...
  8. Why does it say I have a suspension on my Xbox when I didn't even do nothing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say I have a suspension on my Xbox when I didn't even do nothing: Xbox what are you doing I go to my account and it says I got suspended [Moderator note: thread moved from Office to the Gaming & Xbox forum] 231fe9f2-b3cf-485d-999c-1f66a6783fbb
  9. Purchased xbox x controller to use on PC xbox app press start to play does nothing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased xbox x controller to use on PC xbox app press start to play does nothing: I recently purchased an xbox x controller by ApowerA because it had a usb connection. I figured it was plug and play. It works fine with some of my emulators as i could map the controller to any...
  10. Let's Go button does nothing when picking a gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Let's Go button does nothing when picking a gamertag: As stated in the title, I've been trying to make an Xbox Account, however, once i get to the step of picking a gamertag, I click the Let's Go button to finish picking one but the button does...