XBOX DLNA only plays in Stereo???

Discus and support XBOX DLNA only plays in Stereo??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Has anyone been able to play DLNA content in surround sound? My setup is Xbox One going into Onkyo Amp, which goes into my Samsung TV. Streaming DLNA... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by achandab, Aug 6, 2014.

1. achandab
    achandab Guest

Has anyone been able to play DLNA content in surround sound?

My setup is Xbox One going into Onkyo Amp, which goes into my Samsung TV.

Streaming DLNA content directly to my Samsung TV i am able to play with surround sound

Also surround sound works fine with Xbox content such as games and movies from their marketplace.

Sound setting is 7.1 uncrompressed

Any ideas?

:)

achandab, Aug 6, 2014
  2. Playto on Xbox 360 E don't work

1. I activate (DLNA) on my Xbox ( set Playto to on)

2. I use the same wifi in my Xbox and in my iPhone (iOS 10.2)

3. Xbox System is aktuell

But I can't connect my iPhone on DLNA : Cast Symbol in YouTube Not visible . I can connect youtube only on tvcode and Not on wifi. The Cast App (TVs Cast (DLNA) ) can't recognize my Xbo too..

Please help me!

HydroHyperion35, Aug 6, 2014
  3. WOGwald
    WOGwald Guest
    DirecTv Integration Woes

I agree with all you said.

I was hoping I could tap into the DIrecTV DLNA server to watch my DVR recordings (like I could on my PS3!) but alas, DLNA on XBOX ONE only supports PlayTo...

WOGwald, Aug 6, 2014
  4. A Virtual Duck Win User

Xbox One and my PC

In the future use Xbox Video. DLNA Play To is all we have, DLNA Fullis coming soon.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Can't stream music from android

You can always use dlna

Usually any app has sharing options miracast dlna mediacenter etc

Dlna is most likely the easiest option mediacenter only if you use a pc
  6. WOGwald Win User

DirecTv Integration Woes

I agree with all you said.

I was hoping I could tap into the DIrecTV DLNA server to watch my DVR recordings (like I could on my PS3!) but alas, DLNA on XBOX ONE only supports PlayTo...
  7. Symtex-40EE00FD-D749 Win User

XBOX One instead of HTPC?

It only works using DLNA so no :-(
  8. Red264 Win User

LG 42PG20D: DLNA works badly

Don't use DLNA.

Use Kodi from Xbox app store, setup NFS shares on the QNAP (see Kodi NFS wiki).

Add NFS shared folder to Kodi and it will play content much better than DLNA.
Thema:

1. XBOX DLNA only plays in Stereo??? - Similar Threads - DLNA plays Stereo

2. Xbox not showing up as a dlna device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not showing up as a dlna device: I cannot find my xbox and connect to it via my android phone as a dlna device for streaming. Share to is enabled, along with device controls. a87227a2-f904-4162-a026-6dbee565dcb1
  3. DLNA broken with new Media Player app?

in XboX Insiders
    DLNA broken with new Media Player app?: A recent Xbox update included a new "Media Player" app. This app replaced Groove Music and automatically launches whenever I attempt to cast media (audio) from my home PC or Android phone to the...
  4. DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Windows
    DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series: Previously I was able to use the "Cast to device" DLNA functionality built into windows (or other dlna "play-to" apps) to play music to my Xbox Series consoles. After being forced to update to the...
  5. WD My Cloud DLNA server not detected by Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    WD My Cloud DLNA server not detected by Xbox One S: having tried a few things, i'm not able to get my media to show up on Xbox One from my NAS (WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra). upnp is OFF in my router Twonky (DLNA server dashboard) allows me to choose...
  6. Music Streaming Over DLNA From Phone Troubleshoot

in XboX Insiders
    Music Streaming Over DLNA From Phone Troubleshoot: Its been 7 years and no phone, wifi setup, app, console version, or console revision, has seemed to make streaming music stable. Its degrades (album art start getting mixed up or absent, until the...
  7. Xbox One DLNA Media Server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One DLNA Media Server: [img] [img] [img] I’ve downloaded the Media Player on my Xbox One so I can set a custom background. I’ve looked at some websites on how to stream my music/photos/videos via my computer but I’m...
  8. Ecouter ma musique en DLNA sur Xbox One [Translation-Play my music in DLNA on Xbox one]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ecouter ma musique en DLNA sur Xbox One [Translation-Play my music in DLNA on Xbox one]: Bonjour, Depuis la suppression du service One Drive sur Groove Musique, je cherche des solution pour optimiser l'écoute de ma musique sur XBOX. Solution 1 : J'ai activé le DLNA et j'utilise...
  9. DLNA/Play To Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    DLNA/Play To Not Working: I'm trying to use Media Player to connect via DLNA/Play To in order to set a custom background for my dashboard. I'm using a Nokia Lumia 1520 with the Lumia PlayTo app, On the Xbox One, the Media...
  10. DLNA (Play-To) not longer functioning!

in XBoX on Consoles
    DLNA (Play-To) not longer functioning!: I was watching videos fine for several days, now all of a sudden when I go to use the feature it does not work. It detects the Xbox-SystemOS and attempts to play, but then says error occured on...