xbox disc tray

Discus and support xbox disc tray in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox 360 disc tray was fine for a while and them something happened to it. It would jam but only sometimes and i would just have to keep pressing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BLBU HEADSHOT, Feb 26, 2014.

1. xbox disc tray

my xbox 360 disc tray was fine for a while and them something happened to it. It would jam but only sometimes and i would just have to keep pressing the button to open it. But now it strangely wont open. The disc tray works because when i open it i can open
    and close it all i like. Now it has got so bad that i have to slip a piece of paper under the disc tray and move the gear slightly and then push the button then it opens. When you press the button the disc tray will make a noise like a sort of clunk and it
    sounds like its trying to open. i dont know whats happened and when it opens it works fine. I have tried all the other methods like forcing it open or wiping the top and bottom of the disc tray and i dont really want to have to slip a piece of paper underneath
    the disc tray to open it each time. Help will be much appreciated! xbox disc tray :)

:)

BLBU HEADSHOT, Feb 26, 2014
  2. Xbox 360 Slim: Flashing green center light, disc tray opens back up on its own when I try to close it

>Playing Lost Odyssey

>Please insert Disc 2

>Inserts Disc 2

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens back up

>Close disc tray

>Turn off console

>Disc tray opens

>Close disc tray

>Unplug console

>Disc tray remains closed

>Plug console in

>Disc tray opens

>Close disc tray

>Disc tray opens

>Push tray in manually

REPEAT FOREVER AND EVER

Basically, the xbox is ALWAYS in a state of opening the disc tray. As soon as the tray finishes closing, the xbox opens it again. It will never even begin to try and read the disc that you slip in.

I got this xbox on black Friday last year.

I'm in Korea right now so I'm not shipping the stupid thing back.

No *** answers please, I don't have time for them. A *** answer would be something like "check the grounding" or "clean the touch sensor."

ImVictorHoffman, Feb 26, 2014
  3. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    New Xbox One slim leaked for E3

Xbox One with no disc tray! "Leaked" every year since 2013!

ClNTRoN, Feb 26, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

xbox disc tray

onyxishere, Feb 26, 2014
  5. schnurren Win User

HELP MY I HAVE A OPEN TRAY ERROR

Hello Michaelnaber,

Try to follow the steps described here :

1: Turn off the machine (with no disc in).

2: Turn on the machine by opening the disc tray.

3: Physically force the disc tray back in with force. Not so much that you snap the thing or knock it off its runners, but enough that the motors stop retracting the tray.

The tray should stop ajar for a few seconds before the machine composes itself and continues to retract the tray.

4: Reboot the Xbox and the drive should function normally.

(Instructions retrieved from
    https://es.ifixit.com/Respuestas/Ver/30590/Xbox+always+says+open+disc+tray
    )

schnurrer
  6. DoublePayBack Win User

cannot read disc new skylanders game.

Try this...... put the Skylanders Giants disc into the tray, then turn off the Xbox, then boot the Xbox again with the disc in the tray and see if the error goes away. I was having the same issue, but when I did it in this order it seemed to work. If I
    put the disc in the tray after the Xbox was booted I got the error.
  7. skys7 Win User

Handy tip for all 360 owners, all models of console

Every stuck disc tray from every Xbox was fixed after I walked in the room lol

To prevent the stuck disc tray, leave a disc in it.

I won´t happen with a disc inside.
  8. Michaelnaber Win User

HELP MY I HAVE A OPEN TRAY ERROR

Hello ,

Try to follow the steps described here :

1: Turn off the machine (with no disc in).

2: Turn on the machine by opening the disc tray.

3: Physically force the disc tray back in with force. Not so much that you snap the thing or knock it off its runners, but enough that the motors stop retracting the tray.

The tray should stop ajar for a few seconds before the machine composes itself and continues to retract the tray.

4: Reboot the Xbox and the drive should function normally.

(Instructions retrieved from
    https://es.ifixit.com/Respuestas/Ver/30590/Xbox+always+says+open+disc+tray
    )

schnurrer
    ok
  9. strykerzr350 Win User

My disc tray won't open; have tried many things...

Seems like to me the disc tray is stuck or the button has malfunctioned. There is a way to eject the tray in case you get a disc stuck in the system. Here is the links below on how to do it.

support.xbox.com/.../manually-eject-disc

Xbox 360 S manual disc tray ejection method.

support.xbox.com/.../manually-eject-disc

Original Xbox 360 manual disc tray ejection method

-

I do hope this works for you friend.
Thema:

xbox disc tray

1. xbox disc tray - Similar Threads - disc tray

2. After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...

in XBoX on Windows
    After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...: Good afternoon, today my Xbox One (original) decided to randomly stop reading the disc in my disc tray. I checked the disc and it was perfectly fine. After putting the disc back into the tray, the...
  3. Forza Motorsport 4 showing open tray and not reading disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport 4 showing open tray and not reading disc: So today I just came across and bought a still sealed copy of forza Motorsport 4 for the Xbox 360, I’ve been having troubles with the copy I had and when I put the new unused disc in it didn’t...
  4. how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix open tray problem. can I buy a new disc drive: need to know if im able to purchase a new disc drive or would it accept a new drive a430265b-6961-4452-9bcc-b23772f3f2ba
  5. How do I fix my disc tray sounding like a drill?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my disc tray sounding like a drill?: I was playing Black Ops 1 with friends and I pull out the disc and when I try to put in a new disc after a few hours, it then sounds like a drill being spun. I don't know what to do and my friends...
  6. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  7. Disc tray starts spinning when no disc is in the xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Disc tray starts spinning when no disc is in the xbox: So when I turn on or off my xbox with no disc in the disc slot will start spinning when i turn it off or a turn it on. What should i do? 7bbafa27-594c-4330-936b-c67b886b1342
  8. Xbox One S Disc Tray

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One S Disc Tray: Recently my Xbox disc tray has been broken. Whenever I try press the eject button it makes a squealing noise. I’ve tried the yellow circle on the side to get it out, I just don’t know what to do...
  9. My xbox one console disc tray has stopped working and not sure going all digital will be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one console disc tray has stopped working and not sure going all digital will be...: I had for 6 years and not sure how to repair it and my warrantly is over on the console.Should I send you my serial number of xbox one. 9f00833d-c2f0-4c10-8a20-a0b815cee573
  10. Disc tray wont read the disc someone help me please

in XboX Insiders
    Disc tray wont read the disc someone help me please: I put a disc in and it makes the noise like its reading it but then stops and doesn't do anything and the disc are fine can anyone please help submitted by /u/SR20PULSE [link] [comments]