Xbox disc reader stuttering

Discus and support Xbox disc reader stuttering in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time i put in a disc other than star wars battlefront 2 it stutters and then stops the reading. After i do it multiple times it stops ejecting... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by thebeast12814, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Xbox disc reader stuttering

Every time i put in a disc other than star wars battlefront 2 it stutters and then stops the reading. After i do it multiple times it stops ejecting the disc and i have to perform a power cycle and after i have it still has not worked im not sure what
    to do because i have not seen any other problems like this.

:)

thebeast12814, Sep 13, 2018
  2. LaFemPsycho
    LaFemPsycho Guest
    Fixing the disc drive reader?

My xbox has not been reading any discs, so I can't play games or watch movies. I took apart the Xbox to move the reader forward because it was stuck. It worked for a day, but now it is back to not working properly. Should I buy a new reader or replace the box with the disc drive in it?

LaFemPsycho, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Backwards Compatible Disc Games - Lag Every 15 Minutes

Hey, guys! It sounds like the disc reader might be failing in your console if you've tried all of the troubleshooting you've listed above. Especially if the discs work on another Xbox One console and another Xbox 360 console.

To test this out, you can put in a DVD (not a Bluray, but an older DVD) into your Xbox One. If it happens to not read or does stuttering while it's playing, then the disc drive is failing and you will need to set up your console for repair. Give that a shot
    and let us know what happens!

Misses Quinzel, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest

Echo4Ent, Sep 13, 2018
  5. Echo4Ent Win User

6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Backwards Compatible Disc Games - Lag Every 15 Minutes

Hey, guys! It sounds like the disc reader might be failing in your console if you've tried all of the troubleshooting you've listed above. Especially if the discs work on another Xbox One console and another Xbox 360 console.

To test this out, you can put in a DVD (not a Bluray, but an older DVD) into your Xbox One. If it happens to not read or does stuttering while it's playing, then the disc drive is failing and you will need to set up your console for repair. Give that a shot
    and let us know what happens!
  7. Badd Brinx Win User

HELP ME PLEASE! XBOX ONE BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY NOT WORKING AT ALL?!?!?!!?!?!?

Try maybe seeing if it is your disc reader perhaps. Or even the disc itself. You can test the disc reader by putting a bluRay or old DVD into the disc reader. Maybe try to clean the disc or buff it. I have had issues in the past unsolved with a specific
    disc and had to buy a new disc.
  8. DrifterX22 Win User

Is there a way to load discs in without putting one disc in at a time?

I think the answer here is No. Not 100% sure on the question though.

Are you asking is there a way to "stack" more than one disc in the reader? The Xbox only has the one disc reader and it only holds one disc at a time.

Are you thinking of connecting an external disc reader on USB and hoping to queue things that way? Don't know that will work based on drivers being needed.
  9. McFragPants Win User

Can't play Halo 4 - legit copy

your disc reader might be screwed up. Take the disc in and out until it works and restart your xbox to see if that helps.

My disc reader was screwed up on my old xbox and would always say open tray or think the game is a dvd. The only way I would play is after restarting my xbox until it read the disc
Thema:

1. Xbox disc reader stuttering - Similar Threads - disc reader stuttering

2. my disc reader wont read any disc, what can i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my disc reader wont read any disc, what can i do?: Hello there, I was troubleshooting the blu ray player app and discovered my disc reader is not reading any disc wether it is a game, dvd or bluray disc. Is there something that can be done to fix...
  3. Is there any talk about at least producing a disc reader for the Xbox series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any talk about at least producing a disc reader for the Xbox series S?: I feel as people with disc that did upgrade to series S could at least get that choice. b9432d71-90f3-4033-999e-6cf40b609974
  4. Where can I get an Xbox one disc reader fixed and generally how much does it cost?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I get an Xbox one disc reader fixed and generally how much does it cost?: My Xbox one no longer reads discs so I was wondering on where I am able to get it fixed or how do I send it in to get fixed and generally what is the cost. c0b8b434-46b2-4255-9ce8-5f497301281c
  5. Disc reader doesn't read and ejecting turns off xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc reader doesn't read and ejecting turns off xbox one: I have an original Xbox one, and when I put a disc in, it will say it's dirty/damaged, no matter what. Then, if I eject the disc, the Xbox will turn off. I have tried changing wifi, unplugging the...
  6. XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games?: Hello to all, as in the subject: I have a XBOX ONE-S with an internal 1Tb disc. My question is if it is possible to connect an external USB disc reader and play disc games? Searching on the...
  7. Installing a disc game on a console with no disc reader

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing a disc game on a console with no disc reader: I have an old game disk. Our new xbox console does not have a disk reader. How can I install it and play? a7e7df7a-35f1-4e06-af2a-1c04eb01382d
  8. Disc reader problem maybe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc reader problem maybe?: Hi I have an Xbox 360 S, it seems to be making a whirring sound when playing a disc. It plays for a while - say 15 minutes then the screen turns to a dark blue or green with thin stripes over...
  9. My Xbox disc reader won’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox disc reader won’t work: I want to keep this short so my xbox basicly wont run any disc games a says “ error 0x82D40007 occurs when you launch a game” im thinking i should just buy a new xbox any tips?...
  10. my xbox one disc reader isnt working

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one disc reader isnt working: My xbox one disc reader stop working. Is there a way to get it fix easy or do i have to send it out to get it fix? cefb9044-4f98-4929-85a8-eaa42d25db07