Xbox Disc Drive Problem

Discus and support Xbox Disc Drive Problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know if this is the right place to post this so if it's not, please let me know where to go. Our Xbox One is having some disc problems with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnfeelingGecko, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Xbox Disc Drive Problem

I don't know if this is the right place to post this so if it's not, please let me know where to go.

Our Xbox One is having some disc problems with it. When we turn it on it makes a rrrrrrrr noise for a few seconds, and the noise comes from the disc drive area. After about 1-3 minutes, the noise comes again, even if we haven't done anything to the disc
    drive like insert a disk (usually we'll be playing a downloaded game when this happens). We aren't able to insert any discs because when we try to the xbox just won't take them in. I've tried pushing the disc all the way in and the xbox won't read them or
    eject them properly when I hit the eject button. It just makes a bunch of whirring noises and doesn't eject the disc.

This has been going on for a few months now and we bought our xbox one around the time it was coming out, so maybe 4 or 5 years ago. What are some troubleshooting things I may be able to do myself, and/or who should I go to for help.

Thank you for any and all info regarding this.

:)

UnfeelingGecko, Jun 21, 2018
  2. Canon
    Canon Guest
    Disc drives malfunctioning in Xbox One units

I just read an article that says Microsoft is acknowledging faulty disc drives in some Xbox One units. Some people are having a problem with the drive making a grinding noise and not reading the disc, so if you have this problem, you're not alone!

Canon, Jun 21, 2018
  3. diamondback8
    diamondback8 Guest
    Xbox One Disc Drive Problems Surface

Uh-oh, Xbox One is getting some little trouble, particularly in its disc drive.

According to CNET, a small number of Xbox One owners are reporting problems about the disc drives.

So the PS4 gets the problem of the blue light of death, now Xbox One gets the disc drive dilemma. My thoughts on this? Let's just hope that the Xbox One we all get don't end up like the ones reported here. As the article says and as what many people I know say, there's ALWAYS going to be a problem at launches. Underneath the blazing glory of a million-selling consoles, there's minor problems occurring. Let's all hope Microsoft and Sony can solve the problems that may be waiting for other consoles out there.

So for those who own an Xbox One, have you suffered from this? And for those who are about to get one, worried you'll be suffering from this

Via: CNET

diamondback8, Jun 21, 2018
  4. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Xbox Disc Drive Problem

brandiesel1, Jun 23, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox Disc Drive Problem