Xbox Cotroler Thumbstick pad wear - 5 month old!

Discus and support Xbox Cotroler Thumbstick pad wear - 5 month old! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Five months ago, I purchased the Green/Orange Microsoft Xbox Controler for $65.00. It was much better than the one that came with the S. I play about 2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BitstreamCowboy, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Xbox Cotroler Thumbstick pad wear - 5 month old!

Five months ago, I purchased the Green/Orange Microsoft Xbox Controler for $65.00. It was much better than the one that came with the S. I play about 2 to 4 hrs of hardcore gaming per day. After 4 months a hole appeared on the bottom edge of my left thumbstick.
    By the next month, the pad completely wore though and fell off. I ordered replacement thumbstick, grip pads and a tool kit. I have no reservations abot repairs -not with a degree in Electronics engineering.

The question I wish to pose is; is this a common problem with hardcore gamers, or was 5 months unusually short?

Thank you in advance!

:)

BitstreamCowboy, Aug 7, 2018
  2. DAZZA 433
    DAZZA 433 Guest
    XBox One Right Joystick Drift Up Issue

stick drift/ghosting is something you will find on every single game pad/controller fr every platform on the market, It is caused simply from normal use wear and tear, over time the thumbstick sensors plastic and copper parts slightly wear introducing play.

The thumbstick sensors can be replaced if you know how to, otherwise its a new controller, 360 gamepads were very bad for this. my 2 year old xbox one s controller is still perfect though.

DAZZA 433, Aug 7, 2018
  3. my day one controller has gone wrong.

actually truth is M$ have been cutting corners since 2010 on their xbox 360 controllers aka the thumbsticks and D-pads usually stick after about 2-3 months use via FPS's and heavy use due to production flaws im currently using a 3rd party wired controller
    that outperforms a MS branded one and plus side comes with a 5 year warrentee including shipping aka Dreamgear brand !!!

brianpomerleau, Aug 7, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

Depends on the usage and the way you maintain the accessories. My xbox elite controller works fine since 2016

M3tal Daz3, Aug 7, 2018
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Depends on the usage and the way you maintain the accessories. My xbox elite controller works fine since 2016
  6. DAZZA 433 Win User

XBox One Right Joystick Drift Up Issue

stick drift/ghosting is something you will find on every single game pad/controller fr every platform on the market, It is caused simply from normal use wear and tear, over time the thumbstick sensors plastic and copper parts slightly wear introducing play.

The thumbstick sensors can be replaced if you know how to, otherwise its a new controller, 360 gamepads were very bad for this. my 2 year old xbox one s controller is still perfect though.
  7. pesty13 Win User

XBOX GAMEPADS ARE POO!

I have 9 360 pads and every one of them in perfect working order, the eldest being over 6 years old. Only thing wrong with them is the wear on the thumb sticks, otherwise best pads I've ever used.
  8. Schuey19 Win User

ME1 Imported Character Questions

You have to use the d-pad to scroll down not the thumbstick.
  9. brianpomerleau Win User

my day one controller has gone wrong.

actually truth is M$ have been cutting corners since 2010 on their xbox 360 controllers aka the thumbsticks and D-pads usually stick after about 2-3 months use via FPS's and heavy use due to production flaws im currently using a 3rd party wired controller
    that outperforms a MS branded one and plus side comes with a 5 year warrentee including shipping aka Dreamgear brand !!!
Thema:

1. Xbox Cotroler Thumbstick pad wear - 5 month old! - Similar Threads - Cotroler Thumbstick pad

2. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  3. My right thumbstick is constantly pressed down even though i am not pressing it at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My right thumbstick is constantly pressed down even though i am not pressing it at all: My right thumbstick on my xbox series x controller Is always pressed down even though I am not pressing it at all. Anyone know a fix? 00dd1c1c-98cd-477e-8045-4317899527cd
  4. Is there a reason the thumbstick location moved?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a reason the thumbstick location moved?: I just got a Series X after using my One S and I’m finding myself really bad at all my favourite games It’s because the stick has moved slightly and so I’m no longer using the same part of my...
  5. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  6. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  7. Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work: Hello, I purchased an official Xbox controller about 5 months back brand new. Nothing spilled or damage to the controller looks basically brand new as of now. The up on the left thumb stick...
  8. Power A Xbox one thumbsticks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power A Xbox one thumbsticks.: Hi I'm using a power A wired controller on my Xbox one s, I bought the controller for a standard Xbox one so a few years old now. The rubber has worn off the left thumb stick and I'm trying to...
  9. Thumbstick Calibration Tool usage

in XboX Insiders
    Thumbstick Calibration Tool usage: has anyone used this and noticed any differences with drifting, has it help eliminated it? submitted by /u/sithmetal71 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox cotroller glitching when turning in minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox cotroller glitching when turning in minecraft bedrock: I recently downloaded the game and connected my controller only to find that when I turn it rapidly spins and then slows and then speeds up. It does this continuously, and the remoted sensitivity...