Xbox Controls are acting strangely

Discus and support Xbox Controls are acting strangely in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried searching for an answer to this but have been unsuccessful so I apologize if this has already been answered but I couldn’t find someone... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aaron W2, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Aaron W2
    Aaron W2 Guest

I have tried searching for an answer to this but have been unsuccessful so I apologize if this has already been answered but I couldn’t find someone having the same problem as me;

My Xbox controls have been acting strangely only in certain games. I have been trying to play Like a Dragon Gaiden and my controls keep registering as the wrong button. For example, if I press X, it will register as Y, B, RT, or D-Pad. Same for any of the mentioned buttons. It has made playing the game extremely annoying.

I had read other threads that told me it might be time to replace my controller so I did, but I still had the exact same issue. Brand new controller straight from the Microsoft shop.

I also thought it might be my console for some reason but I tried to play the game on PC with my Gamepass and I still had the exact same issue with the controls.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have already checked to make sure everything is updated but it didn’t fix anything.

:)

Aaron W2, Dec 2, 2023
  2. CrazyUSMarine Win User

Xbox controller acting strangely

Try hooking up the controller to the console wired for 15 minutes without a battery. Just letting it sit there, power the controller off, then try it again. If that doesn't fix your problem, contact Repairs for Xbox. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair

Thanks for contacting us!
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Hi Aaron, my name is Oskayra, freelance consultant and gamer like you.

Have you checked that the controls are properly configured?

1) Open the "Settings" application.

2) Select "Accessibility".

3) Select "Controls".

4) Select "Buttons".

Check that the buttons are correctly assigned.

If not, the controller may be defective.

To check this, try connecting the controller to another console or PC. If you have problems with the controller on another console or PC, then the problem is related to the controller. In this case, you may need to replace the controller.

I recommend that you re-apply for a refund via this alternative link:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

If you have found this information useful let me know and if you need more help I will be attentive to continue helping you.

Best regards,
    Oskayra
  4. Aaron W2 Win User

I bought a new controller and the same exact problem happened on the new one but from what I can tell, it only has problems on one game I’ve been playing.
  5. Nitin Bhat Win User

Xbox controller acting strangely

Try hooking up the controller to the console wired for 15 minutes without a battery. Just letting it sit there, power the controller off, then try it again. If that doesn't fix your problem, contact Repairs for Xbox. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair

Thanks for contacting us!
    Thanks, I found out the issue, the top left button was stuck as a result that button was always triggered, pulled it out and the controller is working fine now, thanks for the assistance
  6. Xurts Win User

My controller is acting strange

Haywood, that issue is a common defect with controllers and one I've encountered myself. After discovering there was no known fix I just had to get a new controller.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controls are acting strangely - Similar Threads - Controls are acting

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...
  4. Im trying to play fortnite on my pc on controller but my controller is acting like a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to play fortnite on my pc on controller but my controller is acting like a...: Ive tryed to change things in steam and in control panel please help me cebf506c-990f-499d-9132-9c0eac4fd456
  5. My controller and xbox are acting weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller and xbox are acting weird: 2 days ago my xbox controller stopped working despite having new batteries. It would blink, and when i turned off the xbox the xbox would turn back on automatically. I unplugged the xboc and that...
  6. Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller is acting strange, how can I fix it?: My xbox one controller keeps disconnecting then randomly reconnecting, however after it reconnects it either doesnt work and I have to take the batteries out and restart it, or a random button...
  7. Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller acting like a mouse on windows 11?: This question was asked back in 2019 - it referred to windows 10- this issue is still an issue "I've looked for hours and literally nothing pops up. Any known fix? Basically my controller acts...
  8. My controller triggers are acting up so I'm trying to get it replaced. My serial number on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller triggers are acting up so I'm trying to get it replaced. My serial number on...: So basically how this happened was I turned on my Xbox, signed in, then as soon as I got on the games page it started moving the thumbstick up and down (on the games) by itself! I think the main...
  9. Why does my Xbox controller act funny

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller act funny: So I’ve been experiencing this for a couple days, every time I push up, down, left, or right it double scrolls, and when I finally get to the game I want my character just moves in circles and I...
  10. Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB Black acting as controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB Black acting as controller: Hi I have a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB Black. When you plug the USB in to give the headset connection, it then acts as a controller in game. For example, I play EA24 and I cannot click...