Xbox Controllers unable to sync with Xbox Series X

Discus and support Xbox Controllers unable to sync with Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The issue at hand is my Xbox controllers are having issues with connecting/syncing the only fix I have found to use them is to use the USB C to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Peter Kehayes, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Xbox Controllers unable to sync with Xbox Series X

The issue at hand is my Xbox controllers are having issues with connecting/syncing the only fix I have found to use them is to use the USB C to directly connect them to the console. Upon trying to pair the controllers to the system they instantly shut off I have tried this with 4 controllers and the same issue has occurred. Upon trying to turn on the controller the controller instantly shuts off even after using a new set of batteries. Trying to pair the controllers has also failed, the controllers are fully updated as well. The issue started recently, and I am unsure if it is a hardware/software issue.

:)

Peter Kehayes, Dec 11, 2023
  2. Rishabh0067 Win User

Can someone help me re sync my controllers ?

Sync the Controller:
    To sync a wireless controller with your Xbox, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on.
    Press and hold the small sync button on the front of the Xbox Series X console (located near the USB port).
    While holding the sync button on the console, press and hold the sync button on the controller (located on the top near the Xbox button).
    Release both sync buttons when the controller's Xbox button starts flashing. The controller should now be synced with the console.
  3. John P_14 Win User

Xbox series X controller refusing to sync and not displaying on TV

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your Xbox Series X; here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the controller sync issue and the Xbox home screen not displaying on the TV:

1. Try a wired connection: Use a USB cable to connect your controller to the Xbox Series X and see if it connects. If it does, you can try to sync it wirelessly again.

2. Hold down the sync button on the back of the controller for 15 seconds until the Xbox button begins flashing, then release the button. Turn off and unplug the Xbox Series X for a few minutes, then turn it back on and try syncing the controller again.

3. Update your controller firmware: If your controller's firmware is out of date, it may be unable to connect to the Xbox Series X. To check for updates, navigate to Settings > Devices & accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Device info and see if a firmware update is available.

4. Try a different HDMI cable or port: A faulty HDMI cable or port could be the cause of the Xbox home screen not displaying on the TV. Try connecting the Xbox Series X to a different HDMI port on your TV or using a different HDMI cable.

5. Check the TV settings: Ensure that the HDMI port to which the Xbox Series X is connected is set to the correct input on your television. You can also try turning off any special TV features, such as HDR or 4K, to see if that helps.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you resolve your problems.
  4. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Xbox series S only home button working on controller

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

Try this procedure, hope it helps: Plug the power cord back into your Xbox Series X|S; Turn on the control; Press and hold the sync button on your Xbox Series X|S; Press the sync button on the controller until the time it starts flashing rapidly, then release it.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series

Hello Hyer, my name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Xbox X Series. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the controller sync issue.

- Try a wired connection: use a USB cable to connect your controller to the Xbox Series X and see if it connects. If it does, you can try syncing wirelessly.

- Press and hold the sync button on the back of the controller for 15 seconds until the Xbox button starts to flash, then release the button. Turn off and unplug the Xbox X Series for a few minutes, then turn it back on and try to sync the controller again.

Update your controller firmware: If your controller firmware is not up to date, you may not be able to connect to the Xbox X Series. To check for updates, navigate to Settings > Devices and Accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Device Information and see if a firmware update is available.

- Try a different HDMI cable or port: A faulty HDMI cable or port could be the cause of the Xbox home screen not displaying on the TV.

- Check your TV settings: make sure the HDMI port to which the Xbox X Series is connected is set to the correct input on your TV.

Best regards, Khaji
  6. SammyVS Win User

Xbox series S controller already synced.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It's normal. My Xbox Series X and Series S came well packaged and I didn't need to hit the bind buttons to sync the controllers.
Thema:

Xbox Controllers unable to sync with Xbox Series X

1. Xbox Controllers unable to sync with Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Controllers unable sync

2. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...
  3. Unable to submit repair/replace request for Xbox S controller, please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to submit repair/replace request for Xbox S controller, please help!: My Xbox controller has really bad left stick drift, after trying all the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail, it was suggested to request a replacement controller. I tried to submit this...
  4. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  5. Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development: Hello, I have a couple of questions: 1.I am having difficulty accessing the three NDA topics on this page: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/gdk/_content/gc/quick-links/hardware. All three...
  6. Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development: Hello, I have a couple of questions: 1.I am having difficulty accessing the three NDA topics on this page: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/gdk/_content/gc/quick-links/hardware. All three...
  7. Unable to contact support over Xbox Design Labs broken new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to contact support over Xbox Design Labs broken new controller: I ordered an Xbox design lab controller that showed up broken on arrival. Triggers don't work and the black handgrip looks like its peeling. This this should have never made it through quality...
  8. Unable to return faulty Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to return faulty Xbox controller: I am very frustrated. My controller has developed stick drift within warranty, so I'm trying to return it but the Microsoft website keeps throwing an error up before I can print the returns label....
  9. My Xbox one controller become unable to connect to PC, it's Driver become hidden

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one controller become unable to connect to PC, it's Driver become hidden: I have owning an Xbox one controller for a few years, just the Controller but not the console. the Controller is connect to PC via the USB cable and it's working fine until recently, I didn't use...
  10. Unable to play Control the game, even after Games with Gold library, 2 years ago

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play Control the game, even after Games with Gold library, 2 years ago: Unable to play the Control game that was included with Games With Gold 2 years ago. Never tried to play it until earlier today. I have proof that it was Games with Gold. Can Microsoft fix this...