Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue

Discus and support Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My wife and I are trying to play 2 player fortnite. I recently bought her a new Xbox brand Xbox controller and a turtle beach head set. I paired her... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Caleb Hankinson, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue

My wife and I are trying to play 2 player fortnite. I recently bought her a new Xbox brand Xbox controller and a turtle beach head set. I paired her new controller to our Xbox and created her own Microsoft profile for her controller. When we were playing fortnite online with a friend, my controller started to control her player, and my controller disconnected from my player. She was able to move the character and I was too, I didn’t do anything to prompt this, nothing changed, it just happened mid-game. We had several other issues like this where I was able to control her screen. Somehow it seems both of our controllers are linked to both accounts, but in the device settings, I’m unable to un-link the controllers to each profile. I was able to assign her controller to her profile and my controller to mine, but then when I logged back into Fortnite, it seemed to link my controller to both accounts again.

:)

Caleb Hankinson, Dec 9, 2023
  2. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Xbox One party chat problems.

3. DigitalAssassin Win User

How to Register GamerTag?

4. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Caleb, my name is Oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

I am very sorry for the problems you are having with your Xbox. There seems to be an issue with mapping Xbox controllers to profiles.

Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

1. Reset your Xbox settings. This will erase all settings on your Xbox, but it will not erase your data.

To reset your Xbox settings, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox  button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Reset.
    Select Reset Console Settings.
    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset.
    Once you've reset your Xbox settings, try pairing your controllers again with the correct profiles.

2. Update the firmware of your controllers. There may be an issue with the drivers firmware that is causing the problem.

To update the firmware of your controllers, follow these steps:

Connect the controllers to your PC with a USB cable.
    Go to the Microsoft website.
    Find the firmware for your controller model.
    Download the firmware.
    Follow the on-screen instructions to install the firmware.
    Once you've updated the firmware on your controllers, try pairing them again with the correct profiles.

Best regards Oskayra
  5. Boombaa Win User

How to turn on Auto Sign-In?

6. Mauro Sarlat Win User

I am trying to play FIFA23 and the Xbox message is: The controller needs to be paired to a profile. When I click A for OK, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Hi JP *.

My name is Mauro and am glad to assist you. We are sorry for this situation.

Please read the steps below to fix this issue

Assigning an account to your controller:

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    - Select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    - Select the controller, and then the More options icon (…). Assigned to shows the current account assigned to that controller.
    - To assign the controller to another account, select Assigned to, and then select the account that you want assigned to the controller. This will pair the controller to this account.

Source:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/assign-controller-profile

Thanks,
    Mauro
Thema:

1. Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue - Similar Threads - controllers assigned profiles

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  10. How to assign controller 2 to player 2 when playing locally?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to assign controller 2 to player 2 when playing locally?: Hello, when I try to play 2 players locally on my Xbox series S, it recognizes the 2 controllers for player 1. I tried to turn off/turn on the controller 2, it still assign it to player 1. How can...