XBox Controller Z Axis Issue on Windows 10

Discus and support XBox Controller Z Axis Issue on Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, My name is Vy and recently I have ran into a major issue with my Xbox Controller (4N6-00001). I have purchased the controller just last week,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by VyVy-, Oct 5, 2018.

1. VyVy-
    VyVy- Guest

Hello,

My name is Vy and recently I have ran into a major issue with my Xbox Controller (4N6-00001). I have purchased the controller just last week, and upon arrival, It worked flawlessly; However, after 3-4 days, upon starting up my Forza Horizon 4 Game, the controller
    started to acting strangely. My car was in reverse constantly as if I was holding down the Z Axis button, even when there was no input.

Upon inspection on my controller property (joy.apl) I noticed that the controller was fine until i start to touch it. As soon as Windows 10 dectect any input on my controller, Z axis started to max out at 100% (in calibration mode). The button itself is
    not stuck in such position that would make the button to react that way.

I have tried many methods with no success including:

-Rolling back my windows to 1803

-Restore my PC to factory state

-Reinstalled Windows 10 twice

-Uninstall and Reinstall Controller Drivers

-Update Controller Drivers

-Roll Back Controller Drivers

-Default Calibration Setting

-Unplug and Re-plug to another USB Port

I have tried a different brand controller(Logitech) which I borrowed from a friend of mine, and the exact issue is still persists. So I suspect this is not an issue comes from the controller itself since it is brand new.

****Moved from Gaming on Windows 10****

:)

VyVy-, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Axis 3/Z Axis split issue

Hi!

I have a Xbox 360 controller and playing Burnout Paradise I notice that the LT and RT can't been pressed at the same time.

by now i test the controller and it runs great except for the Triggers. so. I use this method

But it didn't work

so. I think if it's a way to edit the driver of Windows 10 to get another "Z Axis" (Axis Z and Rotation Z for ex)

if anyone have solved the problem please let me know please.

Thanks

WiriestBug2442, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Xbox One controller on PC - triggers don't work

Do the triggers work when you test them in Windows?

In Windows 8.1 search for your controllers by typing in USB in the search box. Select 'Set up USB Game Controllers'. In the next window, click on the 'Properties' button. Pressing the triggers should show the Z Axis going up and down - depending on what trigger
    is pressed. If the Z Axis does not move, there is something wrong with your controller.

Whether the triggers will work in your game, depends on whether the game you are playing supports the triggers or not. Games that support the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller natively will support the triggers, other games may not.

Obsessive Power, Oct 5, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Hey Vy!

Does the controller react this way on all games or is it just with Forza horizon 4? Have you checked your in game settings for the game itself just in case?

Please get back to us with a reply to determine how to best assist you

Thanks for reaching out!

XBF George L, Oct 6, 2018
  5. VyVy-
    VyVy- Guest
    Hello,

Thank you very much for helping. It happens to every game (Forza Horizon 3, Horizon 4, Forza Motorsport 7) and other non Microsoft games, When I tried to navigate the Microsoft Store with the controller, I can't seem to roll down.

Z Axis acts as if it was being pressed constantly

Thank you very much

VyVy-, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: