xbox controller wouldn't connect

Discus and support xbox controller wouldn't connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello i am using windows 10 and im trying to connect my xbox controller to pc, i got it to pair using "devices & printers" in the control panel, and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ellisesa, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Ellisesa
    Ellisesa Guest

hello i am using windows 10 and im trying to connect my xbox controller to pc, i got it to pair using "devices & printers" in the control panel, and it connects the first time, but when the controller is disconnected, i cant connect it again and i have to remove and pair the device for it to work

for some reason the usb-c cable works fine

does anyone have a solution to this?

:)

Ellisesa, Mar 29, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Ellisesa, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, on your computer start bar, search for "Services.msc" and open it.

Scroll down to the bottom of the list and right-click the "Xbox Accessory Management Service"

Select Properties > On this window, change the initialization/startup type to Automatic.

Click OK and restart your computer.

Let me know if it works!
  3. covenant123 Win User

can my controller be responsible for disconneting me from xbl

Hi kyters, how are you connected to the internet on your xbox? Is the controller an official xbox product or 3rd party? If you're using wifi the controller wouldn't mess with you connection.
  4. SYNE5TERxG4TES Win User

Xbox 360 can't update

mmmmmm, it won't even let me connect a controller. The Xbox controller gives the signal until I press the sync button on the xbox, at this point they both stop and the controller doesn't get connected. Before when I did have a controller, it wouldn't let
    me leave the error screen.
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Microsoft Wireless Desktop Receiver 3.1 (Model: 1028) to use with XBOX 360 wireless controller

Heya LORD LWAJDI!

That particular receiver is for use with Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mice. I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to connect an Xbox 360 Wireless controller with it. In order to connect a wireless controller you would need to purchase the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver
    for PC.
  6. l Magnet l Win User

XBOX ONE and what it means for us without cable boxes?

Your xbox one wouldn't record the TV shows. Your DVR is just being controlled by the connect instead of the remote that came with the DVR.
Thema:

1. xbox controller wouldn't connect - Similar Threads - controller wouldn't connect

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  10. Control: Ultimate Edition wouldn't start, now it won't reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Control: Ultimate Edition wouldn't start, now it won't reinstall: When trying to start the game this evening (with all DLC and the Xbox Series X version also readied on my console [the original Xbox One]), it wouldn't start; the screen would go black and I would...