Xbox controller works with all games except for game pass games

Discus and support Xbox controller works with all games except for game pass games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Any game pass game refuses any input from my xbox controller(s), whereas my PS5 controller works fine on game pass games. This issue is not present on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kieran Hector, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Xbox controller works with all games except for game pass games

Any game pass game refuses any input from my xbox controller(s), whereas my PS5 controller works fine on game pass games.

This issue is not present on any other games on steam etc so it isn't the controllers or the cable.

:)

Kieran Hector, Nov 11, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Kieran Hector,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with your Xbox controller that you want to use it on your Game Pass game.

Here are the steps that you need to do:

1. Launch Steam app
    2. Go to the Settings of the Steam
    3. Select Big Picture Mode
    4. Look for MENU and select it
    5. Select Controllers
    6. Look for Xbox controller option there and disable the toggle button

Because if you enable that option it won't allow you to use your Xbox controller outside on Steam app.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderato
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

4. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Kieran Hector,

Thank you for your reply.

Since this is not related to Steam platform then we will proceed to isolate the issue. You may try to connect your controller to your mobile.

To see if the issue persist then try to connect another Windows device then create a new Windows Local user log in to see if you can connect the controller.

Regards,
  5. Kieran Hector Win User

Hi Richie, that didn't work, I've tested with a fresh reboot and no applications start at start-up also
  6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Gamespass PC doesn't detect the controller!!

Thank you for the information.

Upon further checking, to answer your inquiry from one of the answers in the forums regarding the issue with the Xbox game pass and PS4 controller:

"as the windows system does not natively support the ps4/5 controller you have to use ds4 which is a program that basically disguises the ps4 controller as an xbox controller, some games in gamepass work, some don't, i have a ps4 controller and have used it for all games on every store except gamepass."

It seems Xbox game pass does not support 3rd party system.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
Thema:

1. Xbox controller works with all games except for game pass games - Similar Threads - controller works games

2. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  3. So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming: So my Xbox one controller when connected to my iPad works on almost all apps and on the home screen except for the cloud gaming website where it just doesn’t work. It claims that no controller is...
  4. Xbox controller no longer working with epic games launcher.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller no longer working with epic games launcher.: For a long time I have used an Xbox controller to play GTA V through the Epic Games launcher. I have done this by adding it as a non-steam game. A couple days ago it stopped working and now the...
  5. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  6. Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.: I've drove myself crazy for hours, trying to figure out the issue. (In the past it was so easy, I'd power on the controller, the drivers automatically updated, and nothing else was needed) Now...
  7. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  8. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  9. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  10. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.: My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller (right stick moves the mouse button and the...