Xbox controller won't turn on except plugged in first

Discus and support Xbox controller won't turn on except plugged in first in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Xbox controller won't turn on except I plug it in first. Then I can unplugged it and it continues to functions completely fine. I use it on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BusayoB, Feb 21, 2021.

1. BusayoB
    BusayoB Guest

My Xbox controller won't turn on except I plug it in first.

Then I can unplugged it and it continues to functions completely fine. I use it on my windows 10 PC

The problem is not a faulty button, because after I get it working the Xbox button works as expected.

Everytime I need to use the controller, I have to first get it to turn on by plugging it in first.

:)

BusayoB, Feb 21, 2021
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

Xbox One X controller

If you plugged it into a charger (such as the Play and Charge Kit) that's connected to your Xbox One, the controller will still be visible since it's now considered wired. You can turn the first (charging) controller off after it's connected, or you can
    plug it into a separate source, such as a USB adapter that plugs into the wall (like you use for your phone). Then the console won't see it, and you can switch to your second controller.
  3. bastion720 Win User

Controller won't turn off with rest of system.

I'm having the same problem except I never installed any PC drivers. Another issue is that the console won't turn on in response to the controller. I'll turn on the controller but the console won't come on. It'll turn on with voice command or from the console
    itself.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox won't turn on

"I unplugged it for a bit, but it won't talk to the controller. When I press the controller button it either doesn't turn the Xbox on or turns it on but then sits there with the controller light flashing for a minute"

Try this..

Turn off TV, AVR if using and console. Remove the power cable from the console and connect the controller to the console with a plug / play uSB charge cable.

Restore the console power cable and turn on in this order...

First the TV, then AVR if using and last of all the console.

Let us know the result.
  5. KOX KingOfXbox4 Win User

System Won't Turn On Properly?

I unplugged everything from back of xbox and plugged it all back in. Its working FOR NOW except for the fact when I turn on controller system does not turn on which I can deal with if it stays like that.
  6. Veency Win User

My console won't turn on

Okay I turned it on but the led lights won't turn on! I can't connect any controller too. Even if I plug it in.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller won't turn on except plugged in first - Similar Threads - controller won't turn

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  4. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  5. My PDP Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Windows
    My PDP Controller won't turn on: I got a new PDP controller and when I tried to turn it on it won't work, it won't even light up. Is there a way to solve the problem or do I need to get s new one...
  6. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  7. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  8. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  9. Pdp Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pdp Controller won't turn on: I did the reset were you hold down on the d-pad to plug it in and do all that and it blinks while I do it and then as soon as I finish resetting it the light goes off and it just vibrates they'll...
  10. Two of my xbox one controllers won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two of my xbox one controllers won't turn on: [img] Hey, good day y'all. Within a weeks time, two of my controllers won't turn on. I used USB cables and batteries( they turn on with the batteries but turn off immediately ). I am unsure if...