Xbox controller won’t stay connected

Discus and support Xbox controller won’t stay connected in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I try to use my Xbox Series X console the controller keeps disconnecting around every 5-30 seconds while playing games or just on the menu. This... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Walter Bostic, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Xbox controller won’t stay connected

When I try to use my Xbox Series X console the controller keeps disconnecting around every 5-30 seconds while playing games or just on the menu. This issues persists on both my Xbox elite controller and my regular controller so I believe it’s a console issue. When it disconnects with my elite controller right before it reconnects to Xbox controller profile light briefly flashes and so does the Xbox button. Nothing happens on my regular controller. Any advice would be helpful. I’ve tried updating the controller, restating the console, turning on and off again the controller and console and nothing has fixed it.

:)

Walter Bostic, Dec 21, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Walter, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Do the controllers you are using use batteries?

Best regards
    Jhon
  3. Jhonkito Win User

and it disconnects only through bluetooth? Have you already tried using them directly connected with cables and the same thing happens to you? How much time do you have with them?
  4. Walter Bostic Win User

My elite controller does not have replaceable batteries, but my regular controller has AA batteries. both have the same issue
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox controllers won’t stay connected

Hi Zb14! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

First try this please

Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox

if that doesn't work, Try to restore keeping games and apps, please be sure that you know your account email and password:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console screen, you'll see three option use this one, be sure you remember the email and password of you're accounts:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps
  6. Jhonkito Win User

Hi again Walter

According to the information you have provided me, the disconnection problem only occurs when the controllers are wireless. This suggests that the problem could be related to the console or the wireless environment.

Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

-Make sure your Xbox console is updated to the latest software version. You can check this in Settings > System > Update and restore.

-Disconnect any wireless devices you are not using, such as a smartphone or tablet. This will help free up the wireless spectrum for your controller.

-Move the Xbox console to a different location, away from other electronic devices that may interfere with the wireless signal.

-Try to use the drivers with a USB cable. If the problem does not occur when the controllers are connected with a cable, then the problem is related to the wireless connection, probably the batteries will drain over time.

-Avoid using the controllers near electronic devices that may interfere with the wireless signal.

If the problem persists, try manually resetting the control as follows:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the controller for 5 to 10 seconds, until the controller turns off. Then, press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.

2. Check if the control is disconnected in the same way by connecting it via USB cable, if so then it will be necessary to apply your warranty. If it works correctly via cable, continue with the next step.

3. Verify that the control is updated by following the instructions in the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

5. You can also take a look at the following video from the official Xbox Support channel and try the things they tell you there, it may be useful to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAt_P8PFl38
    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to provide accurate and secure information. Beware of ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before deciding to download and install it.

If after all the steps the problem with your controller continues, then you must request a replacement using the warranty if it has not yet expired through the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty

You just have to follow the steps provided by the page, which is basically looking for the control's serial number, entering it at the end of the page and following the steps that will be indicated.

We obtained some of this information from a Microsoft thread where a user presents a problem similar to yours, you can consult the following link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/abffb7c1-2762-4090-8381-1ec97267a507
    Credits to advisor Gerardo since thanks to his response I was able to give you some solutions.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Greetings and merry christmas
    Jhon
Thema:

1. Xbox controller won’t stay connected - Similar Threads - controller won’t stay

2. What should I do about my controller that won’t connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What should I do about my controller that won’t connect?: Hi, I recently joined a new wifi network but after connecting my xbox crashed. Since then i’ve tried to go back on but my controller won’t connect at all to the xbox. I’ve hard reset, i’ve tried...
  3. My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all: I have fully charged batteries and have hard reset my controller and Xbox I also tried it with a different Xbox and it did not work a8ec90cf-7511-4aaf-a7c3-ad48c8068c18
  4. How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix an Xbox one controller that won’t turn on?: So my Xbox one controller will not turn on it flashes but will not turn on until I plug it in to a different power source. I can then unplug the controller and it runs perfectly fine without being...
  5. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  6. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  7. My Xbox controller won’t work unless it is held at a certain angle.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t work unless it is held at a certain angle.: Hi Xbox Community, My xbox controller is having some issues and I am wondering if you may be able to help me find out what’s going on. The issue is that my controller will be on but whenever it...
  8. Controller won’t stay on or connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on or connect: Xbox series controller was working fine all day then suddenly kept taking screenshots, then I went to the accessory lab and tried to update the controller and the controller shut itself off during...
  9. Controller won’t stay on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on: I have a seagate storage block that I am trying to use but everytime I plug it in it turns off my controller and when I try to turn it back on it stays on for about 3 second then turns back off. I...
  10. My Xbox one x controller won’t stay connected to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one x controller won’t stay connected to my Xbox one: Hello I recently ordered a red Xbox one x controller and it’s been having some connectivity issues for example whenever I try and play a game i load in fine but when the game starts my controller...