Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb

Discus and support Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one controller wont pair to my pc properly when I connect the end and front of the micro usb to the controller and the pc I have to hold the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VigilantIcy, Apr 6, 2024.

1. VigilantIcy
    VigilantIcy Guest

My xbox one controller wont pair to my pc properly when I connect the end and front of the micro usb to the controller and the pc I have to hold the guide button to turn it on and it pairs to my xbox automatically when I'd like it use it for my pc

* Changed to a question

***moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Devices and drivers***

:)

VigilantIcy, Apr 6, 2024
  2. FreakRoach Win User

Play & Charge Kit

Yes it will. You can connect the controller to your PC via WiFi or Bluetooth and can connect via your plug and charge kit to charge the batteries while you're playing.

But for playing on PC you don't even need the play and charge kit, you can just connect your controller via micro USB cable to your PC even if your batteries are drained as while connected via USB it wont use batteries.
  3. Phil.k Win User

Question about Xbox One Joystick

yes you connect Xbox one controller to a Pc, wirelessly or cable, but to play xbox games on ur PC you need to connect controller via micro usb cable.
  4. Theory of Game Win User

Controller has to be re-paired with console after every time it is plugged into a PC?

When you plug in a controller via USB, it becomes paired to that device (even if it's a PC). No way around this that I know of... you could always keep a USB plugged in to the Xbox One for quick re-pairing.
  5. DevikM Win User

How to use a second controller borrowed from second console in same appartment?

If you have a micro-usb cable, plug the xbox controller into the new xbox you want to pair, that's the easiest and fastest way to do it.
  6. Matt Montalvo Win User

New Xbox need help to setup

Hey Mieko888,

I'd make sure that the Xbox controller on your Xbox you are setting up is either plugged into the console via a Micro-USB cable, or has new batteries in it, and is properly paired to the Xbox Console. There is a tiny button on both the controller and console
    where you can make sure they are properly paired. If you do that, you should be able to select A with no problems.

You can click here for Microsoft's official help page for pairing an Xbox Controller.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb - Similar Threads - controller wont pair

2. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  3. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  4. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  5. No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...: No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried Everything Any Help ? fef22dac-555e-41f8-ac3e-ccd7dd1aea27
  6. Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller. Just started having issues with it. The controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in. Xbox light on it works and everything. No updates...
  7. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...
  8. My Xbox controller keeps forgetting the Xbox and wont reconnect

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox controller keeps forgetting the Xbox and wont reconnect: My Xbox series X controller keeps randomly disconnecting every now and again even though it has full battery. When it disconnects it completely forgets the Xbox and refuses to resync. The only way...
  9. X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer. I've...

in XBoX on Consoles
    X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer. I've...: X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer. I've fully updated my controllers already still dose nothing but allow me to press big x....
  10. My Xbox Series Controller Wont Pair To My PC at All.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series Controller Wont Pair To My PC at All.: It all started whenever I first connected my controller to my PC, (I never connected it to an xbox) it has been working great for the past several months, but one day (about a week ago) it would...