Xbox controller wont let me connect via bluetooth

Discus and support Xbox controller wont let me connect via bluetooth in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Today I logged on my pc to play some fortnite and went to connect my Xbox controller. When I pressed the bluetooth button my controller instantly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ruairisarma, Sep 25, 2020.

1. ruairisarma
    ruairisarma Guest

Today I logged on my pc to play some fortnite and went to connect my Xbox controller. When I pressed the bluetooth button my controller instantly turned off. Please help. Ps. I use a rechargable controller battery wich haas worked fine up to now.

:)

ruairisarma, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Zyfeey Win User

Maybe charge controller Or pair them with bluetooth again? Sorry im not a tech expert. :p
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

XBox controller disconnects from PC or stops responding

Hi Keith, There are two ways to connect an Xbox controller to a PC: with a USB cable or via Bluetooth.

Connect with a USB cable

Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on your PC.

Plug the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on your Xbox controller.

The controller should automatically connect to your PC.

Connect via Bluetooth

Make sure your Xbox controller and PC have Bluetooth.
    Activate Bluetooth on your PC.

Press and hold the pairing button on the Xbox controller for 3 seconds.

The controller should appear in the list of Bluetooth devices on your PC.

Select the Xbox controller from the list and click "Connect."

Let me know if the information is still useful.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

PS5 Controller not registering at all

my bad, it wont work with a cable, it use to for ps3 and ps4 controllers, it has to connect via Bluetooth on pc now.
  5. Mr. McGritz Win User

Wired Controller not recognized by Xbox Cloud Gaming

For me, it was the brand of controller. I connected via Bluetooth on an actual Xbox Controller and had no issues.
  6. WPAK Win User

Xbox One controller not working properly when laptop connected to monitor

Hi there,

does this only happen when the controller is connected via Bluetooth or also when the controller is connected via USB cable?

If that is the case, then you might want to check if there are any updates for the Bluetooth options on that laptop.

Let us know the results
Thema:

1. Xbox controller wont let me connect via bluetooth - Similar Threads - controller wont let

2. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  3. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  4. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  5. No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...: No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried Everything Any Help ? fef22dac-555e-41f8-ac3e-ccd7dd1aea27
  6. Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller. Just started having issues with it. The controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in. Xbox light on it works and everything. No updates...
  7. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...
  8. My Xbox controller keeps forgetting the Xbox and wont reconnect

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox controller keeps forgetting the Xbox and wont reconnect: My Xbox series X controller keeps randomly disconnecting every now and again even though it has full battery. When it disconnects it completely forgets the Xbox and refuses to resync. The only way...
  9. Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset: Alright so, yesterday i decided to download a game (specifically modern warfare 2019) and the speed was fine around 200/mpbs after around 30 mins it slowed down to 20/mpbs so i decided to restart...
  10. My xbox wont let connect my controllers and now im stuck on troubleshoot screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox wont let connect my controllers and now im stuck on troubleshoot screen.: Both of my controllers won't syncronise or connect with USB cable to my xbox one original console. It works completle fine on my computer, but wont do anything on console. The console wont even...