Xbox Controller Won't Connect

Discus and support Xbox Controller Won't Connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am apart of the Xbox Insiders Program and my Xbox One controller won't connect after a recent update. The sync button on the controller does not work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lewis Morg, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Lewis Morg
    Lewis Morg Guest

I am apart of the Xbox Insiders Program and my Xbox One controller won't connect after a recent update. The sync button on the controller does not work allowing it to connect wirelessly to the console itself. I could only get it connected by USB cable but
    now that has stopped working too. Can some one please help and before anyone says hard reset I have done that multiple times with no results. Thank you.

:)

Lewis Morg, Oct 11, 2017
  2. ImaGranpa
    ImaGranpa Guest
    Controller issue

Need help, 1st time this has happened. My controller won't connect to Xbox. The Xbox light on controller flashes but won't connect??

ImaGranpa, Oct 11, 2017
  3. jman2wet
    jman2wet Guest
    Why can't my xbox360 controller connect to my xbox

My Xbox 360 controller won't connect to my Xbox 360

jman2wet, Oct 11, 2017
  4. Xbox Controller Won't Connect

Hey there Lewis Morg,

It's highly unlikely that an update to the Insider Program would cause this issue, let's have you try the steps on this guide

HERE
    and see if it helps.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 12, 2017
  5. iBeaverson Win User

Xbox 360 controller syncing issues

I have 0 controllers connected to my Xbox because I can't connect any. It isn't just my one controller that won't connect, none of my 4 controllers will.
  6. MoistLegend Win User

Xbox "support"

It didn't work, but connecting the controller to the xbox with a cable does. If I don't use a cable then the xbox won't maintain a connection with the controller. Hopefully an update will fix this issue.
  7. Westy7111 Win User

No Xbox display

I also forgot to add that it won't connect to any other devices. My kinect won't turn on, my controller can't connect to the Xbox and I can't connect via Smart glass
  8. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there Lewis Morg,

It's highly unlikely that an update to the Insider Program would cause this issue, let's have you try the steps on this guide

HERE
    and see if it helps.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  9. LexieSilk Win User

Xbox won't connect to controller

I've tried it too, it has to be a problem with the xbox system, not the controller. I cant get anyone on the phone to help me.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Won't Connect - Similar Threads - Controller Won't Connect

2. Xbox One Controller Won't Connect to PC when plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Won't Connect to PC when plugged in.: Hello! My friend is letting me borrow his Xbox one controller for some games, but it won't connect to my PC. I'm trying to use a cable which I have used for data transfer in the past. When...
  3. My controller won't connect after randomly disconnecting out of the blue

in XBoX Accessibility
    My controller won't connect after randomly disconnecting out of the blue: I was playing some games with my controller until it just stopped working I tried plugging it into my Xbox and swapped the batteries and it still won't work e6440b96-6b53-4c45-9cb2-b7a67931ce8c
  4. Xbox Series X Controller won't stay on after turning on and connecting to PC wirelessly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Controller won't stay on after turning on and connecting to PC wirelessly: Been looking everywhere for a possible fix for this problem, but can't find it. I have an Xbox Series X controller that I'm using for my PC games, with the official Wireless Adapter. It was...
  5. My controller won't connect to my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't connect to my xbox: My controller won't connect to my xbox, I have tried the WPS button e2d1750e-1942-4720-8502-93b8c23a9467
  6. Xbox One Controller won't connect over USB. Light keeps blinking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Controller won't connect over USB. Light keeps blinking: I have a Windows 11 computer and a Xbox One controller I'm trying to connect to it. It's the original Xbox One controller, no bluetooth, not usb-c, old micro-usb. It was working just a few months...
  7. Elite Controller Series 2 - Windows 11 - Controller won't connect to Bluetooth as Elite...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite Controller Series 2 - Windows 11 - Controller won't connect to Bluetooth as Elite...: I recently bought an Elite controller series 2, at first it connected to my computer via Bluetooth fine as the xbox wireless elite controller, then after I plugged it in via the USB C cable to...
  8. My PS4 controller won't connect to my PS4. And it won't stop connecting to my laptop, too.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PS4 controller won't connect to my PS4. And it won't stop connecting to my laptop, too.: So, my ps4 recently got fixed. But I used the controller on my laptop before I could reconnect it to my ps4 before it got fixed. I need help! I've tried connecting it via USB and resetting it from...
  9. My controller won't connect, what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't connect, what do I do?: My controller will not connect to my xbox. I've tried new batteries, restting conection didn't work, rebooting the controller (hold power button for 10) also didn't work. What else can I do?...
  10. Xbox Elite Controller won't connect to Steam Deck

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller won't connect to Steam Deck: Hello, I've my Elite Controller first edition Firmware version 2.3.2388.0, I need to update it in order to connect to my Steam Deck, however the xbox app shows this controller is up to date....