Xbox controller stops working in games unless I tab in and out of a game.

Discus and support Xbox controller stops working in games unless I tab in and out of a game. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So my Xbox One controller (the bluetooth one) has started stopping working mid game, it isn't desyncing, the only ways to get iot to work again is to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DanielPhi11ips, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Xbox controller stops working in games unless I tab in and out of a game.

So my Xbox One controller (the bluetooth one) has started stopping working mid game, it isn't desyncing, the only ways to get iot to work again is to turn it on and off, or tab in and out of ther game I'm playing. Does anyone know why this might happen?

I have made sure the firmware of the controller is up to date, and I have reinstaller the device driver.

:)

DanielPhi11ips, Jun 25, 2018
  2. TrinalPeach8
    TrinalPeach8 Guest
    no sound

on top of the my game tab and video tab being down my sound stopped working after I restarted my console

TrinalPeach8, Jun 25, 2018
  3. DemurePlace5
    DemurePlace5 Guest
    Spinning or rotating screen display

Everything on my XBox 360 is working fine until I actually load a game. The screen just spins/rotates in one direction with no user functions from the controller and it can't be stopped unless you quit the game. Then everything works fine until you load
    a game again. Is there something wrong with my console or wireless controller?? I have reset all settings on console to factory and formatted the drive, but this didn't help. How do I fix this?

DemurePlace5, Jun 25, 2018
  4. WilliamK_01 Win User

Xbox One controller on PC Suddenly stops working

I'm having similar issues with my xbox one controller connected through usb on my windows 10 pc. The controller just stops working mid-game. If I alt-tab out and into the program is starts working again but quickly stop working. When testing the buttons
    using the xbox accessories app - test mode shows no buttons being pressed. Not sure what's going on. Let me know if you found a solution. Thanks.
  5. Pritto Pauly Win User

Why does my Xbox controller not work on the cloud gaming on the xbox app on my pc?

I had the same issue. The controller worked for navigating through Xbox app. but when a Xcloud game is launched, the inputs stopped working. I force stopped Xbox app and unpaired controller and removed it from Bluetooth devices. After reconnecting, the controller is working in Xcloud games. Hopefully it will fix your problem too. And it is for sure that this error is of Xbox app.
  6. Otguk Win User

2 free games a month for Gold Members!

What I do, unless I take the time to search what the free game is, I load the home screen, click on the free gold games link (which is not there if am sign in), open another tab and sign in & then get the game. Works for me.
  7. SuzakuKururugi Win User

Moga XP5-X

the controller I leave it in DirectInput again,the funny thing is that in the xbox pass menu in adndroid, the controller works, but when I get into a game it stops working.

And if I connect it to the pc in Xinput it works without problems
  8. Hque1000 Win User

Overwatch- Xbox- Mic Issues. Can hear team chat but cant speak

Firmware update completed.

Was able to use the mic in game but when I walked away from the game for a long time and the controller turned off (timed out) the mic stop working. I restarted the console and the mic worked again, So now the only way for the mic to work is to turn the game on, plug headphones into controller and restart console.
Thema:

Xbox controller stops working in games unless I tab in and out of a game.

1. Xbox controller stops working in games unless I tab in and out of a game. - Similar Threads - controller stops working

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  4. Controller stops working in COD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller stops working in COD: Xbox 1 controller stops working in COD 3124af11-dc99-4735-8266-9fcf0de37f69
  5. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  6. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  7. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  8. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  9. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  10. Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?: Has anyone ever experienced this before please? Very strange that it’s all stopped at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! a3fa46d0-3467-4936-8610-5a6a130d48dc