Xbox controller smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick

Discus and support Xbox controller smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox gave a prompt that the battery was low then I started to smell burning plastic after that the controller won't power on with new batteries or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DomoNinja712, May 28, 2020.

1. DomoNinja712
    DomoNinja712 Guest

My xbox gave a prompt that the battery was low then I started to smell burning plastic after that the controller won't power on with new batteries or through a USB cable. Has anyone recently run into this issue and would this fall under any kind of warranty
    for a replacement like manufacturer error.

:)

DomoNinja712, May 28, 2020
  2. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Depends on how old the controller is?
  3. DomoNinja712 Win User

I ordered it from the Xbox design lab and it was delivered December 30 but I don't have the box it came in anymore.
  4. LordFlux Win User

The best controller you ever used?

The silver 360 controller with transforming d-pad for FPS and analog controlled games. The d-pad feels slightly better over the standard pad (still not great) and I like the analog sticks and how my thumb falls into the concave on top.

The Japanese Saturn controller for 2D side-scrolling and fighting games. I like the 3-over-3 button configuration and having an L/R is perfect for MAME/MESS (use it for credit/start).
  5. SketchierCar9 Win User

Xbox 360 E noise

I forgot to say that when I first powered on the console it had like a smell of warm (burning?) plastic.
  6. Malesoun Win User

Tournament Edition Fightstick question

You would circle your thumb on the stick/d-pad from down to forward.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick - Similar Threads - controller smells burning

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...: This is a controller i had for around 6 months it’s a black xbox series x|s controller c3417b95-80cc-4374-b9ae-71a32eaf9e31
  10. Elite controller has strong chemical smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller has strong chemical smell: I just bought the Microsoft Xbox Elite Controller 2. It has a very strong chemical smell, and it’s almost triggering my asthma. I’m wondering if this is going to go away after a few days, or if I...