Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

Discus and support Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jamel Peralta, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found it was possible to fix that problem, was by uninstalling the Windows 11 Update KB5034204. Please don't tell me to reset the controller and reconnect, that baby basic step I already did it multiple times, the problem is not my controller nor the PC, it's a Microsoft Update to Windows 11. I already fixed it by uninstalling the update but that is not the way we should fix this, so I'm posting the post so that Microsoft can be aware of this and fix it as soon as possible. Thanks, hopefully they fix this, in the future.

Also on another note, the battery meter on the Xbox Game Bar on PC is not working. I do hope they fix that, because it always shows that the baterry percentage is low when its fully charged.

Source of other people also experiencing this problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgamingtechsupport/comments/1ah7ebr/capture_button_on_xbox_series_x_controller/

:)

Jamel Peralta, Apr 17, 2024
  2. Renatodibi Win User

Hi Jamel

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

You have been very clear in your explanation. I have seen that there are others who have had the same problem as you.

Unfortunately, it can happen that an update brings along some bugs. Probably Microsoft is already aware of this issue and will provide a further update to fix it.

In the Community, we are all users like you and can only lend a hand, but we cannot intervene to solve problems. If you want, you can report it through the Feedback Hub app, which was specifically designed for this purpose.
    Below is the link that takes you to the relevant support page.

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...-hub-app-f59187f8-8739-22d6-ba93-f66612949332

Kind regards
    Renato
  3. AstroDanone Win User

Share button not working any more on PC

Thanks Daniele. It seems this issue may have been caused by a certain Windows Update. Try the following: Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates . In the list of updates, find KB5034204, and see if it lets you uninstall it. If it does, click uninstall, reboot your PC, then try using your controller's Share button again.
    Thank you for your advice Kyle, I uninstalled the KB5034204 update and now the Share button works fine as before, both via USB and Bluetooth.

Best regards and thanks again! 😊

Daniele
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Share button not working any more on PC

Thanks Daniele. It seems this issue may have been caused by a certain Windows Update. Try the following:

Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates .

In the list of updates, find KB5034204, and see if it lets you uninstall it. If it does, click uninstall, reboot your PC, then try using your controller's Share button again.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

How to map screen record/screenshot to Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on PC?

the share button on xbox controllers will only work in windows 11 for gamebar. this has been purposely done.
  6. Hussam Qdmt Win User

Getting this error on halo infinite campaign after 2-3 minutes of gameplay each time. (0xe3430009) at location 0x00007FFD39B6FB0C

Hi George,

I was using the latest version of Windows 11, the October update.

Anyways, after checking the disk, checking for Windows updates, defragmenting, and updating the Xbox app, it stopped crashing.

Thanks,

Hussam
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update - Similar Threads - Controller Share Button

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...
  4. share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller: a month ago, the share button on my xbox controller was able to take screenshots using bluetooth or USB. But after updating Windows a week ago, the sahre button cannot be used via Bluetooth. can...
  5. Xbox controller share button not working on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller share button not working on PC.: I play on PC with my xbox controller wirelessly. This morning i recorded and took a couple of screenshots while using it, it worked fine. A couple of hours ago i updated my computer and when i...
  6. Xbox controller guide and share button dont do anything on Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller guide and share button dont do anything on Windows 11: I am using an Xbox controller on Windows 11 connected to the PC via the Xbox USB wireless adapter. A couple of months ago, I could use the guide button to open game bar, and uise the share...
  7. Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat: Like the tittle says, I play a lot of dayz and in the party chat, it’s very time consuming to press the Xbox button, go to the chat tab, and toggle it there. Those crucial moments it takes to do...
  8. Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11): Hey, all. Posting this in July 2023. I'm using a standard Xbox Series controller with my Windows 11 PC via Bluetooth and I'm trying to remap the Share button to serve as an extra input for use...
  9. Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button: Hello. I found an article saying you can now rebind share button for this controller (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/controller-share-button) but I don't have...
  10. Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share: I seriously wish I googled this b4 I bought the thing today 46165765-6bec-4e5d-b69d-955b8179e8da