Xbox controller share button doesn't work on PC

Discus and support Xbox controller share button doesn't work on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I just got my xbox series x controller. It hasn't any problem but share button doesn't work. I'm using on PC. What should i do?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MustafaEkim1, Nov 21, 2020.

1. MustafaEkim1
    MustafaEkim1 Guest

I just got my xbox series x controller. It hasn't any problem but share button doesn't work. I'm using on PC. What should i do?

:)

MustafaEkim1, Nov 21, 2020
  2. [Farscape] Win User

the feature has not been enabled yet, we don't know when it will be.
  3. ВладимирЛо Win User

Устройство HID, совместимое с XINPUT [HID device compatible with XINPUT]

Hello. Controller don't have triggers vibration in games (but it works in XBox Accessories application) and "Share" button doesn't work.
  4. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox controller share button not working on PC.

Hello Taishouu, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through. I was researching in one of the Microsoft forums and found in this article (https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/82f69126-5166-4671-a6c6-b24bd48cecf0)">https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/82f69126-5166-4671-a6c6-b24bd48cecf0) Belen T.C. Moderator, show that the solution to the problem can be solved by following these steps:

"There are a few possible reasons why the Share button might not work correctly over Bluetooth. One of them is that the Share button functionality is not yet fully supported in Windows 11, and might require a future update from Microsoft to enable it. Another reason is that your Bluetooth connection may be unstable or have interference from other devices, which could affect the signal quality and cause the Share button to fail.

To fix this issue, try the following steps:

1. Make sure your controller firmware is up to date. To check this, connect the controller to your PC using a USB cable and use the Xbox Accessories app.

2. Try pairing your controller again with your PC.

To do this, press and hold the Pair button on your controller until the Xbox button flashes quickly, then go to Settings > devices > Bluetooth and other devices on your PC and select Add Bluetooth or other device > Everything else > Xbox wireless controller.

3. Make sure your Bluetooth driver is updated. You can check this by going to Device Manager, right-clicking on your Bluetooth device, and selecting Update Driver.

4. Try disabling any other Bluetooth devices that may be interfering with your connection, such as headphones, speakers, keyboards, mice, etc.

If none of these steps work, we highly recommend that you send feedback to the Xbox team so they can send a patch to fix the issue as soon as possible. Go to this link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem"

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/82f69126-5166-4671-a6c6-b24bd48cecf0

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today

The share button doesn't work the same on PC, but you can remap the button.

For this follow these steps:

"Open the Xbox Accessories app.

Select the controller you want to configure.

Select the profile you want to configure, or New profile and create a profile.

Select Share button.

Map the function you’d like to the Share button."

Source: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

Let me know if you're able to remap the button using the steps provided above
Thema:

1. Xbox controller share button doesn't work on PC - Similar Threads - controller share button

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...
  5. share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller: a month ago, the share button on my xbox controller was able to take screenshots using bluetooth or USB. But after updating Windows a week ago, the sahre button cannot be used via Bluetooth. can...
  6. Xbox controller share button not working on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller share button not working on PC.: I play on PC with my xbox controller wirelessly. This morning i recorded and took a couple of screenshots while using it, it worked fine. A couple of hours ago i updated my computer and when i...
  7. Xbox controller guide and share button dont do anything on Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller guide and share button dont do anything on Windows 11: I am using an Xbox controller on Windows 11 connected to the PC via the Xbox USB wireless adapter. A couple of months ago, I could use the guide button to open game bar, and uise the share...
  8. Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat: Like the tittle says, I play a lot of dayz and in the party chat, it’s very time consuming to press the Xbox button, go to the chat tab, and toggle it there. Those crucial moments it takes to do...
  9. Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11): Hey, all. Posting this in July 2023. I'm using a standard Xbox Series controller with my Windows 11 PC via Bluetooth and I'm trying to remap the Share button to serve as an extra input for use...
  10. Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button: Hello. I found an article saying you can now rebind share button for this controller (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/controller-share-button) but I don't have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox share button doesnt work