Xbox controller randomly won't be paired to xbox and won't turn xbox on

Discus and support Xbox controller randomly won't be paired to xbox and won't turn xbox on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had this issue for awhile now and haven't been able to solve it. Randomly (about 50% of the time) when I try to power on my xbox one by using my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NITRO2, Oct 9, 2017.

1. NITRO2
    NITRO2 Guest

I have had this issue for awhile now and haven't been able to solve it. Randomly (about 50% of the time) when I try to power on my xbox one by using my xbox controller (holding down the xbox icon), the xbox won't turn on. Then if I manually turn the xbox
    on then the controller won't be "paired" to the xbox again and it won't pair when i try to sync the xbox one and controller together. This problem won't go away until I hard reset the xbox.

I have tried:

1. A different controller

2. Standing right next to xbox to avoid wifi frequency issues

What else can I do? This is annoying.

:)

NITRO2, Oct 9, 2017
  2. Xbox one powers off periodically then won't turn on via command or controller, must manually touch front

I have the setting to have it never turn off and it periodically turns off and must be turned on by hand. Xbox controller won't turn it on and "Xbox on" won't either. Is this a known issue?

Shawn Wildermuth, Oct 9, 2017
  3. loller800
    loller800 Guest
    Xbox controller won't turn on

So I just got a brand new Xbox headset and I logged onto my xbox one and it said it wanted to update my controller. I plugged it in with a usb cable and it started updating. A second layer it said something went wrong and my controller might be unresponsive
    for a few moments. It's now been 10 minutes and it won't turn on...... HELP!!!

loller800, Oct 9, 2017
  4. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

I've had a similar issue for a long time - sometimes when I turn the controller on, it does not turn the console on, however, unlike in your case, when I power the console on using the button on the console itself, once it boots up the controller syncs to
    it just fine.

If the console is under warranty you could try getting a repair/replacement, but outside of that I don't think there's much you can do other than the following: -

1. Check that the batteries have a decent amount of charge in them.

2. Make sure the controller firmware is up to date.

3. Try a different controller.

4. Minimise interference from other wireless devices as best you can.

However, I've not had any success with any of that and I would bet on you having no success either, unfortunately.

If the console is out of warranty and this issue is really impacting on your ability to enjoy playing games, you could try replacing the Wi-Fi board yourself, as that also handles controller connections.

Sadly, nothing I've mentioned in this post is guaranteed to fix your issue.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 10, 2017
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

I've had a similar issue for a long time - sometimes when I turn the controller on, it does not turn the console on, however, unlike in your case, when I power the console on using the button on the console itself, once it boots up the controller syncs to
    it just fine.

If the console is under warranty you could try getting a repair/replacement, but outside of that I don't think there's much you can do other than the following: -

1. Check that the batteries have a decent amount of charge in them.

2. Make sure the controller firmware is up to date.

3. Try a different controller.

4. Minimise interference from other wireless devices as best you can.

However, I've not had any success with any of that and I would bet on you having no success either, unfortunately.

If the console is out of warranty and this issue is really impacting on your ability to enjoy playing games, you could try replacing the Wi-Fi board yourself, as that also handles controller connections.

Sadly, nothing I've mentioned in this post is guaranteed to fix your issue.
  6. Anxiiousiy Win User

Xbox Controller

My Xbox Wireless Controller won't connect to my Bluetooth at all but it connects by USB to my computer, it also flashes when I click the pairing button and my Bluetooth is turned on, whenever I go to the pair devices and try to pair the Xbox controller
    it doesn't show up. Is there a way I can reset the controller without the console?
    Its suppose to flash when pairing also what are you trying to pair it to
  7. calamity 42o Win User

Xbox One Chat Headset Problem and More

Just spent almost 100$ on a pair of turtle beaches and still won't work. Obviously a controller or xbox one issue.
  8. Wardaddy865 Win User

why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

The controller randomly disconnects and nearly immediately disconnects again once the controller has been turned back on. I’ve put new batteries in, I’ve re paired the controller to the system, I’ve unplugged the Xbox entirely to try and fix this.
  9. s33r Win User

Xbox 360 controller

The original Xbox 360 controllers do not support traditional Bluetooth and as such won't pair. To pair a Xbox 360 controller you will need to purchase an adapter that you plug into your PC. The official one, I believe, can still be ordered on Amazon.

If you want to just straight up pair a controller to a PC without the need for an adapter, recent Xbox One controllers use normal Bluetooth and would pair without issue - https://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-one-controller-on-pc/ will
    tell you how to spot which ones will support this as the original Xbox One controllers don't.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller randomly won't be paired to xbox and won't turn xbox on - Similar Threads - controller randomly won't

2. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  3. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  4. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  5. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons: Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller mapping. When I test it on Xbox Accessories App, I...
  6. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  7. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  8. Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?: My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox. Batteries were replaced and did try to reconnect after. The controller will connect if plugged in first. If I disconnect it it will stay connected...
  9. Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly: Hi, My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting for 2-3 seconds at a time when online gaming. I have an Xbox Series X, with a 10foot micro-USB cable connecting the console to a stock Xbox One...
  10. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...