Xbox controller randomly stopped working..?

Discus and support Xbox controller randomly stopped working..? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I was playing my favorite game, NBA 2k23 when all of a sudden all of my controller buttons stopped working! The sticks and triggers worked fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Franklin E. Jones, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Xbox controller randomly stopped working..?

Hello, I was playing my favorite game, NBA 2k23 when all of a sudden all of my controller buttons stopped working! The sticks and triggers worked fine but everything else was unresponsive. Tried on my other xbox and it still didnt work! Confirmed the controller doesnt need a firmware update so i have no idea what caused this!!! Happened on xbox one s with xbox one controller.

:)

Franklin E. Jones, Jul 29, 2023
  2. XBF Ruben D Win User

Controller randomly stops working

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We
    will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues on your own thread.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Kartracer247,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be ahppy to help.

By the looks of it based on your description, I believe the issue lies with the controller, possibly the wireless adapter inside of the controller. In order to test this, we need to rule out your console. Go ahead and do a
    hard reset and power cycle. Hold down the power button on the console
    for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox. If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a
    soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your
    network during the reset.

If the controller continues to not respond randomly after that troubleshooting, I suggest getting a micro-USB cable and connect it that way. If you know anyone with an Xbox One console, try the same controller on it and see if it disconnects.

Try it out and let us know the results!
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Controller Randomly stops working

Hi RMBishop85,

Thanks for updating us with your reply. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you try using our Xbox One Wireless
    Controller Solution
    and see if there any other troubleshooting solutions you may try. I'd further recommend trying the controller(s) on a different console, if you can, to see if it also has the same issue or not and help narrow it down to either a controller
    or console issue to help decide if a full factory reset (removing everything) is even required.

Additionally, if it does turn out the controller is updated and still not acting correctly, then you may need to visit

https://account.microsoft.com/devices
    or try
    requesting a chat or call from Xbox Support
    to further assist you.

Give this a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps a bit more.
  5. ComicGeoduck36 Win User

i have the exact same issue started around the same time were you able to fix this?
  6. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, have you made sure that the controller is up to date as well as console? Do you have any other controllers connected to the console? Are you part of the preview program for XBox?
Thema:

Xbox controller randomly stopped working..?

1. Xbox controller randomly stopped working..? - Similar Threads - controller randomly stopped

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...: I have an xbox one s and the batteries work i even tried to put new batteries which still didn't work. When i take the batteries out and plug the cable in it still makes that long beeping sound....
  4. Xbox one s controller randomly disconnected while console was off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one s controller randomly disconnected while console was off: Hello, my xbox one s controller had randomly disconnected for no reason, there’s been no problems with it and it was working fine last night, I’ve tried hard reset and trying to pair but nothing...
  5. random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...: I press the A button once and frequently any game on any system with any controller a double press is registered. All firmware and software updates are current. Systems power cycled. Batteries...
  6. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  7. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  8. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  9. Controller stopped connecting randomly

in XboX Insiders
    Controller stopped connecting randomly: I use my phone charger to play with my controller and ever since last night my controller won't connect and keeps on flashing when I turn it on. I tried unsyncing and syncing again but that won't...
  10. Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10): My Xbox Wireless Controller (2020 model, plugged into my PC via USB) has recently started randomly freezing up where it will stop accepting inputs (and sometimes hold the input that was pressed...