Xbox controller problem on Steam.

Discus and support Xbox controller problem on Steam. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm playing The Talos Principle 2 on Steam desktop with an Xbox controller. There are two functions (so far) in the game I can't do using the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jim Ferrier1, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Jim Ferrier1
    Jim Ferrier1 Guest

I'm playing The Talos Principle 2 on Steam desktop with an Xbox controller. There are two functions (so far) in the game I can't do using the controller. One is climbing ladders and the other is swapping items on the slowly spinning round table. The only way I can do these functions is by using a mouse or a keyboard. I've tried mapping the controllers right trigger to these functions (left mouse and E key) but still no luck. Every other button, pad and commmand works fine. Can anyone help? I've looked everywhere.

:)

Jim Ferrier1, Mar 13, 2024
  2. Jean-VladimirXIV Win User

Other controller than the xbox 360 or one for playing

Hi guys, I bought an xbox-one controller. The problem is microsoft games don't take steam settings of controllers, and the switch pro controller work only with steam on pc.

Thanks for the help.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

You would need to contact the developer and/or steam, as they are the only ones who can fix this issue.
  4. ClaudioNovais Win User

xbox series x controller disconnecting pc

You need to enable drivers for xbox control in Steam settings. It solve my problem
  5. RM 7777777777777 Win User

Why does this keyboard pop up when I push the left thumb stick on my Xbox controller?

The problem you guys are having is with steam. There is a great thread if you search for left controller on screen keyboard. If steam is running, it will do this even in non- Steam games.
  6. LunaticBurnout Win User

Xbox controller controlling mouse and keyboard as well

Someone sent me a message and solved my problem, for anyone else having the same problem its caused by the steam app, uncheck the configure for xbox controller option in steam and it fixes it right away. Steam sucks and always has too bad they basically have a monopoly on digital gaming. There are technically competitors but they have no content to draw users which means they have no users to create content.

Here's the link to the fix description I was given.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/xbox-controller-detected-as-mouse-and-keyboard
Thema:

1. Xbox controller problem on Steam. - Similar Threads - controller problem Steam

2. Xbox series controller analog problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller analog problem: Today my Xbox Series controller started having problems, in the game (Halo Infinite) is just spinning around, I checked it in the "Game controller" properties of Windows, I attach an image of the...
  3. xbox wireless controller problem

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller problem: my xbox wireless controller cant disconnect on my pc. ive been having this issue for like 2 months on my pc now. the surprising thing is that when i try to connect the controller on my laptop, it...
  4. Problem with the controller and wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with the controller and wifi: I have had the xbox one for quite some time, and I was playing it without any problems until recently. The console began to fail, it sometimes struggles to connect to the wifi network and the...
  5. Lots of problems with xbox and controller any fixes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lots of problems with xbox and controller any fixes?: [img] My xbox wont let me get ti the homescreen, everytime i tried turning it on it took about 5 minutes to say xbox then it said the message above, before this happened there was another message...
  6. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  7. Controller problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller problems?: Since getting my Series X back in January of this year, my controller likes to be a little funky. It's the standard controller that comes with the console first of all. The oldest of its issues...
  8. On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Windows 11, how can I fix the problem, that my Xbox One controller keeps ceasing to...: I am using Windows 11 and an Xbox One controller. For a few weeks now, I have had the problem, that the controller would stop being recognized by the system. The symptoms of that are Controller...
  9. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  10. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89