Xbox Controller Not Turning On

Discus and support Xbox Controller Not Turning On in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I was trying to get my controller to stop acting funny (Shutting off randomly and unsyncing) while playing games on my laptop, so i decided to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by HaleMacaroon659, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Xbox Controller Not Turning On

Hi,

I was trying to get my controller to stop acting funny (Shutting off randomly and unsyncing) while playing games on my laptop, so i decided to update the driver on the Xbox Accessory App.

For some reason, I used a finicky usb cord to connect it while i updated the controller and it disconnected around 6% on the update. Ever since then the controller has not turned on and my Xbox and the App won't recognize it. My laptop barely recognizes
    it but as an error. I haven't been found a way to turn it on.

I've spent a few hours yesterday and today trying to figure it out. But it seems like no one has encountered a similar problem and most solutions are either not relevant or didn't affect it at all. I even tried a microsoft virtual agent and it ended up telling
    me i have to replace it...

If anyone knows anything or can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

HaleMacaroon659, Aug 14, 2018
  2. stuck with the controller image on the screen

Turn off your XBOX. Now turn on your XBOX AT the XBOX NOT with the controller, then turn on your controller.

Mogwai Warrior, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Closingracer
    Closingracer Guest
    Xbox keeps turning off

I know if I turn on my Xbox using the controller and then turn on my TV it will then just turn off my Xbox. Maybe try turning on the TV first then your Xbox?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer, Aug 14, 2018
  4. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest

Please connect the controller to your xbox or PC via USB and hold the big xbox button and the menu button (3 lines button) until it turns on. It should take about 15 seconds to refresh it.

ChiefJoboo, Aug 15, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: