Xbox Controller not in warranty but console is?

Discus and support Xbox Controller not in warranty but console is? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just contacted Support and they mentioned my controller is no longer under warranty. The controller I am referring to came with the console. How can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UNLAUFUL, Jul 7, 2016.

1. UNLAUFUL
    UNLAUFUL Guest

I just contacted Support and they mentioned my controller is no longer under warranty. The controller I am referring to came with the console. How can the console be under warranty but not the controller?

:)

UNLAUFUL, Jul 7, 2016
  2. Anunay21
    Anunay21 Guest
    Controller warranty

Hi

I have purchased Xbox one s console and an additional controller separately. Both my additional controller and the controller which came with xbox are not functioning. I am looking for replacement warranty for both. I can replace one controller through my
    xbox warranty. but how should i go ahead with replacement of the controller which bought separately?

Anunay21, Jul 7, 2016
  3. YuriChaves
    YuriChaves Guest
    My controller isn't working and I'm on warranty. Nobody is helping.

My controller, bought along with the console, stopped working and the online support says my console is on warranty but my controller isn't.

Tried to email Microsoft, but nobody is answering and the repair order cannot be applied. I don't know what to do in order not to buy something on warranty.

YuriChaves, Jul 7, 2016
  4. Xbox Controller not in warranty but console is?

I had the same issue as well. Apparently, the accessories (ie controllers/power supply) are only in warranty for 90 days from date of purchase. The console warranty doesn't carry over to the controller.

Jo Mari GianGuintu, Jul 7, 2016
  5. UNLAUFUL
    UNLAUFUL Guest
    Thanks. It sucks but I guess there's nothing we can do.

UNLAUFUL, Oct 31, 2018
  6. ChristopherWhite652 Win User

Xbox Elite Controller grips peeling

Found this while reading into the warranty....

"What is the warranty period for Xbox consoles and accessories, and what does the warranty cover?

To read the details of the warranty period and coverage for your Xbox console, Kinect sensor, or bundled or refurbished devices, see the warranty and software license for your product below.

Note: The warranty and software license for your Xbox console also includes accessories such as controllers."

Spoke to someone about this further and the controller has been sent in under the console warranty. Now waiting to see what happens next.
  7. Jo Mari GianGuintu Win User

I had the same issue as well. Apparently, the accessories (ie controllers/power supply) are only in warranty for 90 days from date of purchase. The console warranty doesn't carry over to the controller.
  8. UNLAUFUL Win User

Thanks. It sucks but I guess there's nothing we can do.
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox Controller Warranty

The warranty of the console doesn't covers the accessories. According to the xbox service the warranty for controllers is 3 months.
  10. Boaz_ Win User

Microsoft Store(buying an elite controller)

Hey JtK,

The Elite controller is definitely a very nice step up from the controller that comes with the console. You get a lot of opportunities for customization, and it feels great. If I understand your question correctly, you're wondering if the warranty on your
    console will carry over to the Elite controller? Is it a warranty through Xbox or a third party such as Best Buy? The warranty on your Xbox will cover the Xbox and controller that came with it, but not the separately purchased Elite controller. If the warranty
    is through a third party, it would be best to check with them. Hope this helps!

Boaz
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller not in warranty but console is? - Similar Threads - Controller warranty console

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery: I had a Xbox Series Elite 2 Wireless which had lapsed warranty expiration, which had some button response issues. I raised a request for replacement through my account, and paid the $130+ dollars...
  5. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...
  6. I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?: I sent my controller via UPS with the label I was provided under warranty from microsoft, I have checked the progress of the controller and on UPS it says it was delivered on the 5th, but I have...
  7. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  8. What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens to the RMA/warranty process when a new controller comes out?: I currently own an Xbox Wireless controller (model 1914 (Series)), and it's having drift on its right thumbstick. I was wondering if it would be wise to hold off on a warranty replacement until...
  9. Console controller combo warranty dates don’t match up and are treated separately.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console controller combo warranty dates don’t match up and are treated separately.: Warranty related question I purchased my series x console and the controller I have has been experiencing too down stick drift I made a request on the device with the console but saw it has...
  10. The warranty on my new Xbox Series X console and the included controller is incorrect and...

in XBoX on Windows
    The warranty on my new Xbox Series X console and the included controller is incorrect and...: Hi there It would be very helpful if someone from support could assist me. I purchased my new Xbox Series X console in August 2023. It is now October 2023 and the warranty for the controller...