xbox controller keeps on disconnecting from PC when playing games on steam

Discus and support xbox controller keeps on disconnecting from PC when playing games on steam in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; when I am playing games on pc, the xbox controller keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting over and over again. Whether it is wired or wireless, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EmbodyCheung, Apr 11, 2021.

1. EmbodyCheung
    EmbodyCheung Guest

when I am playing games on pc, the xbox controller keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting over and over again. Whether it is wired or wireless, the problem still persists.

:)

EmbodyCheung, Apr 11, 2021
  2. raptorscream Win User

When will the Xbox Series X Controller Firmware get fixed?

I'm playing on a PC, this isn't a Forza issue, it's a Windows/Firmware/Compatibility issue, the controller disconnects even if i'm not in any games.
    A lot of people have this issues on PC, for some it works fine in some games, and in others it keeps getting disconnected, and for most it just disconnects regardless of game or not.

It's been an issue since Xbox One controllers, and day Series X
  3. Smwutches Win User

So i bought forza horizon 5 on steam and i had it on xbox. I started the game and signed in and it synchronized but i start from the beggining and i have 1 level an 4 default cars can someone help?

Progress doesn't transfer between Steam and Xbox. If you want to play it on Steam, you'll start over.

Alternatively, since the game is Play Anywhere, you could just play it through Xbox on PC and keep your progress from your console.
  4. HazyBlowfish621 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

Playing the division on PC , its the only game that for some reason my controller disconnects from. Maybe its just Xbox controllers in general?

it never happened while i played Xbox before i started using it as a PC controller
  5. DiCalzi Win User

How to stop double inputs on my Xbox Series controller on PC?

What I would do is to exit Steam completely when you are playing an Xbox app game. I had a similar issue recently. I was trying to play Among Us with my controller on my PC and it started rapidly switching between controller and keyboard+mouse input to the point where I could barely move. Steam was open in the background, so I went down to the bottom right of the taskbar and clicked the up arrow, then right clicked Steam and clicked Exit Steam. The reason this happened was because of Steam controller remapping interfering with the direct input of controls to the PC.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Steam account on my Xbox1

Hi,

No, Xbox One does not support PC games from Steam. To play Steam games you'll need a suitable PC.
Thema:

1. xbox controller keeps on disconnecting from PC when playing games on steam - Similar Threads - controller keeps disconnecting

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  4. My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....: I've reset my remotes and console a thousand times. Power cycle nothing works. My xbox has been in the same spot and never had a issue til the update. I'm beyond frustrated and many people have...
  5. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  6. My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller and headset keep periodically disconnecting from my Xbox one x. I just...: I’ve tried some of the things other sources have told me to do to fix it and none of them have worked. d4b9ec58-1587-42e3-bd27-30d62116ada2
  7. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  8. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  9. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  10. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gta 5 controller disconnects pc