Xbox Controller issue on PC

Discus and support Xbox Controller issue on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The top stick on the controller works when I move it up and down, but when I move it left and right it doesn't respond. Why is that? The strange thing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MeatFeastMan, Oct 22, 2018.

1. MeatFeastMan
    MeatFeastMan Guest

The top stick on the controller works when I move it up and down, but when I move it left and right it doesn't respond. Why is that?

The strange thing is though...it works some days but not others. It's been fine for like 2 weeks, and then the left and right issue appeared again.

I am thinking it is just worn out as I use it to play Project Cars 2, and as you can imagine, doing hundreds of laps in that will put a lot of strain on the stick. Is that what the problem is, or is there another answer? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

MeatFeastMan, Oct 22, 2018
  2. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Calibration difficulties

Hi

As this is a new controller have you considered this could be an issue with the controller and not a PC/software issue are you able to try using and alternate Xbox 360 controller on this PC to see if you experience the same problems?

gds1972, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Controller issue on PC

I want to assume that you're describing a "drift" in the controller analog stick.

My very first controller experienced this after playing a lot of BF4. In order to run, you had to press down the analog stick, many times while holding the analog stick in a certain direction to keep moving.

If this is present the PC settings will show as if you're holding it down in a slight direction at all times when left sitting. You could attempt to have the controller replaced..... myservices.xbox.com

NewBlacksmurf, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Xbox Controller issue on PC

Rick Rorschach, Oct 22, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: