Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

Discus and support Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Leonardo.Soares559, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but once i purchased the xbox recharggable battery it had a strange behavior. When the battery was full, it was working perfectly but when it died its not working anymore, like its not recharging.

When the controller is plugged to the computer using USB cable WITHOUT the battery, it works. But once i plug the battery, it disconnects and it seems that its not recharging. The light in the xbox icon in the controller is solid white.

I've already updated firmware, i've removed the battery and put it back.

Both batteries and controller are brand new. Just purchased them. And i dont have other controllers or other consoles to test them.

Video reproducing the issue (in the video background screen there is the xbox accessries app that detects the controller in every situation except when using the battery. You can see there that when i plug the USB it detects the controller but it instantly disconnect it):
    https://streamable.com/7dl0dz

:)

Leonardo.Soares559, Apr 5, 2024
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Leonardo.Soares559! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you re having issues with your controller. If its working fine with the AA batteries but not the battery pack, sounds like the battery back is faulty.
  3. OA wantedkiller Win User

Xbox one controller freezes but doesnt disconnect

I have a some suggestions you could try if you haven't done it already.

*Disconnect your controller from the xbox then reconnect.

*Try using the controller closer to the xbox and see if it disconnect

*if your using a battery pack, try using different batteries

* Try hardwiring to your xbox and see if it disconnect
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

Whenever I take damage in Halo Reach my controller is disconnected.

Have you tried using a different battery pack on the controller? On some of my older controllers, the battery packs are 'loose,' which makes the controller disconnect when I squeeze it too tightly, or when there's a considerable amount of vibration.
  5. GENERAL ZOD XX Win User

problems with wireless controllers

ok this can also happen some batterys are 1.2 volts and some are 1.5 cheep batterys most are 1.2 v and good batterys are best to use cause they are 1.5 when battery put out 1.2 volts and when you put a cheep batterys in the controler and when you play and
    when it vivbrate it will disconnect on you
  6. Son ALA Win User

Controllers

what kind of batteries are you using? Alkaline or Lithium? If you want to use normal batteries, Lithium is the way to go....but you are better of buying the play and charge kit for 20 bucks because the Double A batteries will cost even more as you begin
    replacing them. I've personally been using my 360 battery pack for a few years...ever since the first red controller has released.

It's a good thing you shut off the vibration. Back in year 1 I had some cheap batteries and was playing DOA4. I punched someone against the explosive wall and it drained the batteries that I was using. I put a new pair in and when they hit the wall, the fresh
    pair died out instantly.

One tip I can give you...in case your batteries are falling out of place is to.

Remove the battery case from the controller

you see those 2 coils in the controller? Gently stretch them out.

With my old red controller, it looked like those 2 coils started to flatten out a bit and if my finger gently touched the battery pack, it would disconnect the power source.

I could also tap the battery pack and hear+feel it move slightly each time I pressed it in.

I pulled those 2 coils a bit, made them longer and when I placed the battery pack in, it was nice and tight and I never had those random disconnections.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery - Similar Threads - controller instantly disconnects

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  10. Weird issue with kinect and instant-on A/V component control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird issue with kinect and instant-on A/V component control: I usually don't post because someone(s) has had the same issue and I can usually find answers in online forums, but I seriously doubt anyone has posted about this. I have the kinect and use it...