Xbox controller glitching and spamming home button when I am in proximity of it

Discus and support Xbox controller glitching and spamming home button when I am in proximity of it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Note: this is in behave of my cousin Xbox Series S Tldr: Xbox Controller glitch when I am in proximity of it (Only me) My cousins Xbox controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Romon Mohammad, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Xbox controller glitching and spamming home button when I am in proximity of it

Note: this is in behave of my cousin

Xbox Series S

Tldr: Xbox Controller glitch when I am in proximity of it (Only me)

My cousins Xbox controller is acting really strange lately. The controller seems to press buttons on its own and open and close apps on its own. The most strange thing about this problem is that it works perfectly fine for everyone else but when I'm in proximity of the controller (Touching or hovering hand against) the controller goes crazy and opens and closes the home tab or opens random apps, I doubt it's someone messing with me or interference when I start recording a video of this problem the glitch goes away instantly. I am genuinely freaked out on what's happened (I'm not superstitious), Occasional it turns off on its own (also when I am in proximity of it)

This problem is only happening to me and fixes when I am not using or touching the controller

Please help I'm genuinely stumped

:)

Romon Mohammad, Aug 11, 2023
  2. melanie brown2 Win User

hi. im mel and im an independent advisor. that is very strange that it is just happening to you. are you certain nobody is messing with u? i cant find any solutions for this occurence anywhere. although i call my husband electric fingers as when he uses my xbox controller it goes crazy as well. i hope u work out what is going on.
  3. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Hello Romão.
    My name is Ezequiel. I'm an Independent Consultant. Have you tried to see if any updates for your controller? If the controller connects via a USB cable but doesn't stay connected when the cable is removed, reconnect it and see if a controller update is available:
    Press the Xbox  button to open the dashboard.
    Under Profile & System, select Settings.
    Under Devices and Connections, select Accessories.
    On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check your controller's firmware version.
    If it says no update is available, then your controller is up to date. If it shows "Update", follow the steps provided.
    After the controller is updated, disconnect the USB cable and try to connect wirelessly again.
  4. DJ DrWright Win User

Buttons don't work

I am still having this problem, controller works until it goes to sleep then when I awaken the controller no buttons work to control Netflix. The controller still works to get to Xbox home and functions fine in the menu, just not Netflix. Please help.
  5. Herbino Win User

Question about upcoming Xbox one remote

Thanks for your reply, I understand that's the case however I was more concerned about the buttons that control the actual Xbox such as the home button and the navigation buttons. For example of I press the Xbox home button will it turn on my Xbox the same
    way it does when pressed on the controller.
  6. PMS Rook Win User

Can't navigate menu due to menu glitch

Thank you for the response! Unfortunately even though I followed your advice I am still experiencing the issue. :( Would doing a factory reset be the next option?

Has anyone else experienced this?

My Xbox is set to not have a profile signed into it when it is turned on. When I try to navigate the home screen menus it will tab left once to the menu on the left that allows you to choose a profile to sign in, check messages, ect. But if I hit left again
    (it does it both with thumb sticks and d pad) it acts like I hit the A button instead, which kicks me back to the home screen. If I hit right it launches the my game/apps management page. From there if I hit any button, if I do anything, like try launching
    an app or game it just kicks back to the home screen like I hit the home button.

This glitch feels like a controller issue but I tried multiple controllers. I did a hard reset (hold xbox power until it shuts dow, unplug for 20 seconds) for each controller used and ran into the problem each time. I also reset the controllers and re-synched
    them with the Xbox. Both these controllers have the messenger pad installed on them, I don't know if that would cause this glitch.

My Xbox is a day one edition, could it be an issue cause it's the oldest of the Xbox ones? (I hope not! I love my Xbox!)
Thema:

1. Xbox controller glitching and spamming home button when I am in proximity of it - Similar Threads - controller glitching spamming

2. My Controller is glitching out and doing things on its own please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Controller is glitching out and doing things on its own please help: I have had this issue a total of 4 times now of my Xbox controller glitching out I just got a new series X controller and it didn’t fix anything please help me it’s not my controllers being broken...
  3. I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.: I’m on Xbox, have turned it off and on, un installed and re installed and neither have worked. ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One***...
  4. I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.: I’m on Xbox, have turned it off and on, un installed and re installed and neither have worked. 55aff269-2c41-4950-9b0f-701cb9dc1621
  5. Controller Vibration glitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Vibration glitch: Is anyone having a problem where my controller just vibrates I’ve tried restarting my Xbox 1,000 times hasn’t done me any justice. I use a usb cable full time when I play and it was fine like 5...
  6. i have the Xbox one glitch rematch controller for my xbox and when I open the app for it...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have the Xbox one glitch rematch controller for my xbox and when I open the app for it...: i have the xbox one series s and the pdp glitch rematch controller i got a few days ago and the app is stuck on sign up part to where I can’t switch game audio or buttons...
  7. Controller - keyboard & mouse glitching

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller - keyboard & mouse glitching: I just got a controller to use on my PC and when I opened a game when I walked forward or backward it would also move up and down on the command menu (the game was kingdom hearts) I thought it was...
  8. My xbox controllers have been glitching lately 2 are new and it scrolls down 5-8 lines...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controllers have been glitching lately 2 are new and it scrolls down 5-8 lines...: As of last week it has been going off and on and now its just permanently going down way to many lines its at the point where i cant even message people or play most games where you pick a...
  9. Weird controller glitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird controller glitch: My controller (xbox elite series 2) is showing up as two that both move the same way in fifa. the controller was working fine before I left for a week but now every action I take is doubled (for...
  10. Xbox Elite Controller glitching

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller glitching: Hi, i have an Elite Controller series 2 that i have played with a while and now i excperience an issue when restarting the TV or playing on another controller then switching back to Elite. The...